• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waits 7"

Whiskeytown 7"

Sonik-Youth / Beck 7"

Maglonia Electric Co. 7"

Stooges 7"

Sonic Youth - Murray Street used LP

Buena Vista Social Club At Carnegie Hall LP (wow!)

Oh yeah, free Anti tshirt commemorating the day.

i loaded up

Ashes DVD

Justin Townes Earle - midnight at the movies

Iron nd wine Norfolk6-20-05

son volt -afterglow61 -ep

and from the used bin

Nine inch nails - and all that could have been

ray charles- genius loves company

jayhawks- hollywood town hall

Pavement- Shady lane single

REM live

they loaded me with free stuff too

6 or 7 sampler cds

some pins

and other misc stuff

good times

after looking @ the ensuing ebay listings which have sprouted up in the wake of RSD, it's a tad unfortunate that some people are clearly treating this as speculation to make some $ rather than allowing fans to get the actual product @ retail.
This was certainly part of the conversation prior to the day. It is a travisty that these products are produced to encourage resale on the collectables market rather than give record stores the ability to sell to the max over the days and weeks after the sale and sate every music fan. But hey, some of these records are simply old material repackaged anyway. The unique cuts will find their way into the digital market that this event is supposed to fight. Look for them on your favorite free download site in the near future.

LouieB

went to another store after work and found the Leonard Cohen 7" and the dude gave me a goodie bag with some hardcore band's 7" a 12" record sampler that looks like it's going to suck... and a bunch of sampler cds.

I really really wanted to find those sonic youth splits but I had no luck :(

I didn't make it to an independent record store, but I did end up at Half Priced Books and Music.

I bought a banged up radio station copy of Lay It Down by the Cowboy Junkies, complete with handwritten review, song ratings and a nearly demolished CD case. I'm not even a huge fan of the band, but for some reason I found this entertaining and couldn't pass it by. I'd never heard of the radio station in question, but it turns out they're located at the university from which I graduated.

Ashes DVD

SY/Beck 7"

MMJ 2X10"

Flaming Lips/Black Keys 7"

Jenny Lewis 7"

Decemberists 7"

Free RSD Sampler LP

A ton of junk: flyers, CD comps, stickers and zines the store was dying to get rid of. So they filled up everyone's bag with their trash, essentially

and bought "New Brunswick, New Jersey, Goodbye", a book about the NB hardcore scene. Maybe the biggest niche market book ever. But a band I'm friends with seems to be in every other photo, so I needed to have a copy. :lol

My husband got the Booker T. 7" and all three Sharon Jones LPs.

i couldnt find any cool shit (like ashes) so i got:

interpol - turn on the bright lights

the strokes - room on fire

dave brubeck quartet - take five

rounded out my collection a bit i guess. i want the wilco dvd. = (

Didn't get too much of the Record Store Day specials (Pavement, Wilco), but the fine folks at Amoeba in San Francisco made sure everyone left with a goodie bag. If anyone wants the Kings of Leon or Yeah Yeah Yeahs 7-inch singles, PM me.

The Smiths - Headmaster Ritual 7″

Vetiver - Wishing Well 7"

Redeye Distribution CD sampler (free)

Ninja Tune Fall 2008 CD Sampler (free)

Iron and Wine - Norfolk 6/20/05 (limited Live CD)

Record Store Day Sony Vinyl Sampler (free)

The Devil Makes Three - Do Wrong Right

Todd Snyder - That Was Me (1994-1998)

...spent WAAAAY too much money!

I was only able to pick up the Wilco DVD (which is awesome). I went to Reckless on Milwaukee Ave and the Pavement LP was way sold out (got there at 11). Does anyone who got it have the ability to rip it and upload it to sendspace or something? I'd love to hear it.

I was only able to pick up the Wilco DVD (which is awesome). I went to Reckless on Milwaukee Ave and the Pavement LP was way sold out (got there at 11). Does anyone who got it have the ability to rip it and upload it to sendspace or something? I'd love to hear it.

http://forums.viachicago.org/index.php?act...;f=24&id=12

i'm sure that the blogosphere will have copies if you search for them...

I have it but would love a digital copy. I have checked daily for it on the blog sites with no luck so far. SO if any one sees it out there, drop me a pm. :thumbup

I did okay in Knoxville at Disc Exchange

record store day stuff

- Wilco Live - Ashes of American Flags DVD

- MMJ CD

- Tom Waits Live 7"

- Andrew Bird/Loney Dear split 7"

non record store day stuff

- Iron & Wine live CD Norfolk 06/30/2005

- Van Eaton & Friends - Blood on the Ground (he performed in store, liked him, bluegrass)

- a whole bunch of shiny quick gift wrap envelope thingies for CD gifts

free stuff

- a free We Are Scientists/The Whigs split 7"

- a bunch of posters that mean absolutely nothing to me

- a bunch of free giveaway mix CDs - from SubPop, Lost Highway, ADA, Astralworks, RedEye Distribution, MetalMix by Decibel.

Wish I'd remembered to buy the Arcade Fire DVD, but it can wait.