Live Tom Waits 7"

Whiskeytown 7"

Ashes DVD

Plus a bunch of used stuff. I saved up pretty well for this, so dropping a few bucks felt really good. And the store was packed.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pavement - Live in Germany LP

Black Kids - Wizards of Ahhhs 10"

Guided By Voices - Hold on Hope LP

Whiskeytown 7"

Iron & Wine - Live in Norfolk cd

Death Cab for Cutie - The Open Door EP

Ashes of An American Flag DVD

I bought the new albums from Swan Lake's Crooked Fingers (great sales today) and got a whole bunch of free things. I had the MMJ record in my hand but put it back for fear of my wife killing me for spending too much money.

The only things not available at my 2 local stores were the Rivers Cuomo cd/dvd and The Breeders new ep. :ohwell

I've yet to find one freaking store in Houston that has the wilco dvd

:realmad

Cactus Music has it.

Wilco Ashes DVD

Whiskeytown 7

Tom Waits 7

Andrew Bird 7

Cursive/Ladyfinger 10

My Morning Jacket 2x10

Tift Merritt Buckingham Solo CD

Not part of Record Store Day but I also picked up Tom Waits Blue Valentine and Bone Machine.

Wilco DVD

Dylan

Both Sonic Youth

Jesus Lizard singles

Numero Group Comp

Free REcord store day LP and a bunch of free record store day CDs.

Wish I had seen the Andrew Bird...oh well.

I don't believe the Wilco LPs were in, but I can get them later.

LouieB

yeah the chick working there said the wilco reissues have been delayed.

I really wanted both those sonic youth 7"s but they sold out in like the first 10 minutes of the store opening. I was a bit late because there was some stupid marathon all over the city that got me held up in traffic.

The Wilco DVD was the first two things sold at the record store I went to, and they only had two. I didn't end up getting anything, because I still want to get the DVD later and I don't have a lot of money.

I went to Reckless Records on N. Broadway in Chicago. They didn't have the Ashes dvd, but i did buy the Dylan and Whiskeytown 7, and a couple of other cds, then i went down to the Reckless location in the Loop. They did have the DVD, so i bought it. Then, on my way home i stopped in the Borders at Oak Park to browse some books. I had no idea they were selling most of their cds and DVDS for 50% off! So i bought 3 of the Replacements reissues(Hootenanny, Sorry Ma I Forgot To Take Out The Trash, & Stink) as well as the Tom Waits Brawlers, Bawlers, & Bastards compilation for all for 50% off! A good day, indeed!

Nothin'! I celebrated the non-existence of any independent record stores in my entire region by not knowing it was Record Store Day.

I'm not saying that this war isn't worth waging, but I am saying it's pretty much pointless at this juncture. There won't be independent record stores anywhere in 15 years' time.

Wilco DVD

Arcade Fire Special Edition DVD (Awesome packaging)

Iron & Wine live CD

Whiskeytown 7"

Magnolia Electric Co. 7"

Elvis Perkins 7"

Unfortunately between workin both jobs today I didn't get to a record store. Too bad there wasn't one in the 4 block drive between my two jobs!

I had pre-ordered Ashes from Wilco online so I know that arrived a day or two ago but I haven't been home to pick it up.

Pavement - LIVE LP

I looked for this but no luck. Also could not find the Robert Pollard CD I was looking for. I did get the ashes DVD for $10 and the Dylan "No direction home" DVD for $5 though. Very tempted to get the Grateful Dead Winterland 1973 9 CD set but it was $80 bucks and I could not bring myself to do it.

Me, discussing record store day.

It was a great day on the home front, I got Magnolia Electric Company from Reckless (we got snubbed!!), and from my store took home the Sonic Youth splits, Jenny Lewis 7", Decemberists 7", MMJ 10", GBV EP, Flight of the Conchords 7"... heck I don't remember what else. Sorry I missed all you first in liners, but had an awesome time from noon onwards. LeRoy Bach DJd a great set for us, and beer showed up in the evening!