The Stream is up

Well, it's better than Sky Blue Sky to my ears but there's less than a handful of songs that I want to return to. And the Feist collab is what I feared it would be.

I suppose it's time for me to look in the mirror and realize that Wilco and I are slowly breaking up. Which is sad considering we've been together since 1994.

I'm glad others are enjoying Wilco the Album. I'm certainly liking "Bull Black Nova" and "You Never Know," which I echo the Harrison sentiment and add that it's straight Jeff Lynne production and a little bit of Petty's "Jammin' Me."

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool! You can explore the loft! :dancing

Edit: Though, there's not much there yet.

Use your scroll wheel on that one Loft pic they have or the + and - keys. The detail / resolution is amazing.

I agree, the beta site it great. much more interesting than the grey and white toolbar we've all come to know and love.

But i was also wondering if the stream is better quality than the leak copy floating around?

I am not able to hear the stream. Is this common? Or am I doing something wrong? On the player I get a little countdown and then it says "switching transports" forever until it times out. I am using Firefox. Anyone having the same problem or am I all alone in this cold world?

I am not able to hear the stream. Is this common? Or am I doing something wrong? On the player I get a little countdown and then it says "switching transports" forever until it times out. I am using Firefox. Anyone having the same problem or am I all alone in this cold world?

You may need to reinstall Quicktime or update it to the latest version.

Talk about mixed emotions...

Wilco (the album) leaks AND is being streamed.

And I am stuck at work with no way past the fucking firewall...

Da$m

I'm spending way too much time looking at that loft pic. I like that they have Wilco toys and a can of Wilco beer on top of that big shelf. And they have several YHF CDs on that little shelf in the corner, along with what looks to me like "The Best of David Bowie" and some others that I can't identify.

Okay, back to work now.

Email from wilcoworld:

Well, we made it nearly a month with copies of Wilco (the album) floating around out there before it leaked. Pretty impressive restraint in this day and age. But the inevitable happened last night. Since we know you're curious and probably have better things to do than scour the internet for a download (though we do understand the attraction of the illicit), we've posted a stream of the full album at http://wilcoworld.net/records/thealbum/ . Feel free to refer to it as "wilco (the stream)" if you must.

We also have our usual guilt abatement plan for downloaders. If you have downloaded the record, we suggest you make a donation to one of the band's favorite charities, the Inspiration Corporation -- an organization we've supported in the past & who are doing great work in the city of Chicago. Information and donation button here: http://inspirationcorp.org/.

That's all. Enjoy the stream. Tickets for summer shows, etc. http://wilcoworld.net/tours/ Note that we'll be holding a free online midnight screening of the "Ashes of American Flags" film this Friday night (at both midnight US Central time and again at midnight Pacific). So get the popcorn or whatever together and be sure to log on and tune in on Friday.

Wilco HQ

Email from wilcoworld:

Good stuff, I just kicked Inspiration Corps a donation. I hope they don't want to me donate for all the people I linked to that record though, I may never finish paying off my student loans.

--Mike.

I am streaming. Oh, how I am streaming. Problem is, I can't stream in the car. Can someone help me find the leak?

Shoot me an e-mail at mpolak21@gmail.com, I'll hook you up.

--Mike