That's a good 'un. Around that time ABC had a late night show called "In Concert" and they aired an hour of that show. I snagged it on VHS. Guess I should give it a spin!

I remember that, and I have it on VHS, too. I have a bunch of In Concert on VHS, actually. Dead, Lenny Kravitz, Tin Machine, etc.

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good 'un. Around that time ABC had a late night show called "In Concert" and they aired an hour of that show. I snagged it on VHS. Guess I should give it a spin!

Was that part of the show that aired the footage/peformances from the Deadicated cd (A Tribute to the Dead for the Rain Forest)? I always loved Lyle Lovett's version of Friend of the Devil and Susanne Vega's cover. Actually the whole cd is pretty good.

Was that part of the show that aired the footage/peformances from the Deadicated cd (A Tribute to the Dead for the Rain Forest)? I always loved Lyle Lovett's version of Friend of the Devil and Susanne Vega's cover. Actually the whole cd is pretty good.

Yeah, that was on In Concert. I have that one, too. Dwight Yoakum's on it doing Truckin. I don't remember if it's the same episode as the Dead, though.

I once saw Ministry do an amazing cover of "Friend of the Devil" on acoustics at one of those Neil Young Bridge School benefits.

Pardon my ignorance but why did the dead do so few shows in 1975?

I once saw Ministry do an amazing cover of "Friend of the Devil" on acoustics at one of those Neil Young Bridge School benefits.

Pardon my ignorance but why did the dead do so few shows in 1975?

They took a break in 1975. They did a handful of shows and recorded.

I had that Bridgw School disc with the "FOTD" and it is really good.

They took a break in 1975. They did a handful of shows and recorded.

I had that Bridgw School disc with the "FOTD" and it is really good.

It was strange seeing them go acoustic but very cool. They also did a cover of the midnight cowboy theme.

For all of you here:

Zacherle: Good morning, my name is Jonathan Schwartz. (audience laughter) Ha ha ha ha. I want to wish you all a happy Valentine's Day. I was going to come down the aisle in a casket, but the damn thing broke. I was still bothered by those crabs I caught at Channel 47

Bobby: Anyway, it wasn't a casket, it was a banana crate

Zachele (laughs): My boy! Well well, this is glorious Sunday morning...THE GRATEFUL GODDAMN DEAD!

:rock :cheers

any of you planning on listening to Futhur live from Barton Hall tonight? It will be on sirus, you can sign up for a free 30-day trial if your not a subscriber

Furthur

Barton Hall

02/14/09

Set One:

Midnight Hour>

They Love Each Other

Beat It On Down The Line

Tennessee Jed

Pretty Peggy-O

Looks Like Rain

Sugaree

Good Love

Some nice Weir banter after Jed, it's funny he said John isn't a big shot like Phil and him. :w00t

Just got in during Tenn. Jed. Down at my mother in laws, not he most optimal place to listen to a Dead related show, oh well :lol

Are you going to the Auditorium Theater shows calvino?

eta: funny, I thought they were playing everything to slow, now their playing this too fast.

Are you going to the Auditorium Theater shows calvino?

I haven't bought a ticket, yet. I might try to find one before one of the shows.

I came across this on another site yesterday, not sure how true it is. It isn't up on Dead.net yet.

"Grateful Dead Productions will release a 3CD/1DVD Grateful Dead set called Crimson, White & Indigo: July 7, 1989 - JFK Stadium, Philadelphia, planning its release for March 30." This was taken from The Musictap website...

Haven't heard the above show before.

I was hoping to find one for cheap like I did for the dead, but it seems like this is a much hotter ticket.

I'm liking this jam out of "Looks Like Rain"

I'm liking this jam out of "Looks Like Rain"

Yeah there was a nice delay/echo on Weir's vocals at the end. And you are right about this being a hotter ticket. I am sure the venue has a lot to with that, at least with me it does.

Still not sold on John, but they sound pretty darn good.

The vocals or the guitar playing; or both?

I think he's alright. I would say I would prefer him than Warren Haynes. I love Haynes, but he very hit or miss with the Dead.

The vocals or the guitar playing; or both?

I think he's alright. I would say I would prefer him than Warren Haynes. I love Haynes, but he very hit or miss with the Dead.

I agree with you on Haynes, but John plays the parts well but I his singing and his guitar playing don't do it for me.

Also, I think I herd Bob say he wanted to rap it up too lol

I don't think it's too fair to play some of the 5.8.77 show between sets here on XM. :lol

Man, this Minglewood rocks. :dancing

Yeah when you hear it matched up, lol

This guy talking about the hampton show is hilarious.

Missed that.

This 2nd set is not starting off very well.

The UJB was a bit of train wreck, never heard this second song before. Peaceful Vally????