Name some classic singers from the 60s and 70s that you like...

Sam Cooke

Smokey Robinson

Dusty Springfield

Otis Redding

Bobby Fuller

Billie Holiday died in 1959.

I have this image of you reading 'Billie Holiday' and saying, "I am certain that she died prior to 1960. To the Google!". Seconds later you yelled, "Aha! I knew it! Another opportunity to use the internet to assert my superiority!!".

:worship

Sarah Vaughan

Billie Holiday

Ella Fitzgerald

Lena Horne

Ruth Brown

Edith Piaf

Many (if not all) of these folks got started in the 40s and 50s (some in the 30s such as Billie and Ella.)

LouieB

Many (if not all) of these folks got started in the 40s and 50s (some in the 30s such as Billie and Ella.)

LouieB

Yes..........yes...........yes............I went with the greater category of "classic".

To all who have been offended by my gross misjudgement, please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

To the person who originally posted the question, please dont overlook those gals, each are fantastic in their own way.

Yes..........yes...........yes............I went with the greater category of "classic".

To all who have been offended by my gross misjudgement, please find it in your hearts to forgive me.

To the person who originally posted the question, please dont overlook those gals, each are fantastic in their own way.

No problem from me on this, they are all worth everyone's time. I just don't know what classic singers of the 60s and 70s means I guess.

LouieB

Guest Jules
I have this image of you reading 'Billie Holiday' and saying, "I am certain that she died prior to 1960. To the Google!". Seconds later you yelled, "Aha! I knew it! Another opportunity to use the internet to assert my superiority!!".

:worship

Yeah, you nailed it.

Yeah, you nailed it.

I'm pretty good with that sort of thing. I get it from my maternal grandmother.