Bull Black Nova

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to a live BBN/Spiders 20 minute jam. That would make me want to see a Wilco show for sure.

Poor Places dissolving into noise like in so many '08 shows/Bull Black Nova/Spiders

Throw in some Via Chicago and someone's gonna have a heart attack.

Summer tour cannot get to Massachusetts soon enough, I need some crazy Nels Cline guitar overload.

Not sure why the song "Funky Town" keeps popping into my head everytime I listen to BBN, but it does. Nevertheless, I love, love, love the song.

Maybe that's where the narrator is headed.

Yeah - I think it is about a guy who lost his shit, killed someone and is fleeing to Funky Town.

I can't get enough of this song. I liked it enough the first time through, but it's been growing on me ever since. Maintaining a groove while building this intense tension is fantastic. There is limited relief here and there - especially at the main musical interlude in the middle - but it only serves to offset the tension and make it stand out more.

I kind of take the points of relief as the view from outside the car; the majestic and beautiful black car cruising down the road in the setting sun as seen from the outside. And when the tension builds back up, you're back inside the car with the protagonist.

As I said in the bits and pieces thread, I prefer to think of the blood as a metaphor for the bad way that a relationship was just ended.

And then You and I comes in and soothes the troubled soul, somewhat. But it doesn't give up the darkness all together, there's still a hint of it there. These two songs back-to-back are killer.

I kind of take the points of relief as the view from outside the car; the majestic and beautiful black car cruising down the road in the setting sun as seen from the outside. And when the tension builds back up, you're back inside the car with the protagonist.

I like this.

I had an observation and a question:

1. I think the solo at 1:45-2:10 sounds like the solo in Rolling Stones "Time Waits For No One".

2. Is that JT on the solo or NC? I have a feeling it is Jeff.

IMHO the best song on the album and I cant wait to hear this monster live!!!!

It is nasty and edgy. I remember commenting on how dark and nasty the music was without having paid attention to the lyrics yet.

Whats up with the murder fantasies Jeff?