Do not adjust your television sets...

I use Vista (no service pack 1) and here's what I get when I try to read Lamrod's post. After I click on "ok" I get kicked out of the browser. What is it about that one thread that crashes my IE 7.0 browser? Any clue? I think I saw a video in there, so I wonder if there is something about the "insert media" button, if it was used, I don't know?

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/40196-jeff-tweedy-and-his-love-of-the-word-dream/

operation aborted.jpg

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

because we're all a bunch of smart asses, that +/- button is going to make us all negative. I love it!   am I the only one that quotes aren't showing up any differently from what someone wrote after q

No sweat. I voted it back up so I'm dead even on broke for votes. If I only knew what this meant....

I plan on using the yellow Report button early and often.

Posted Images

I use Vista (no service pack 1) and here's what I get when I try to read Lamrod's post. After I click on "ok" I get kicked out of the browser. What is it about that one thread that crashes my IE 7.0 browser? Any clue? I think I saw a video in there, so I wonder if there is something about the "insert media" button, if it was used, I don't know?

interesting... not sure about that one at the moment.

I mentioned that to solace in a PM.

I figured someone else must have noticed it. I have never used the View New Post button or mark post as read feature.

Speaking of archiving posts -

I have always wondered why posts from 2006 are still here, and not in the archives. I am not complaining, just curious.

Edited by Analogman
Guest Jules

http://forums.viachicago.org/topic/40196-jeff-tweedy-and-his-love-of-the-word-dream/

I'm getting this too. It must be something with Sir Stewart's last post since I was able to open it before. I'm also on IE7.

honestly, i realize some people's employers have inempt IT dept's and are still running IE6, but if you're running IE6 at home you're putting yourself at a huge risk to spyware, viruses, etc., in addition to just having usability/readability issues with various sites (not just Via)

besides IE 5.2 for the Mac, IE6 is the worst piece of shit excuse for a browser that has ever existed and it has made web developers life a living hell, but no longer! we've revolted!

that and Msft has released 2 versions since.

this one works for me :)

weiiiiiiird

guess i'll just have to take it on a case by case basis for now... i suppose i could disable HTML embedding now that they have that insert media function tho!

It seems like some photo links aren't working. Just some though. They posted yesterday but just appear as the link address today. (Same photo is what I meant there).

And another thing: information about what forums/threads I've read does not appear to be saved online -- perhaps only locally, and specific to the browser? I just logged in using IE7 and the whole board is unread (again).

I noticed this yesterday when I got home from work -- I had to mark everything read at home.

Needless to say, this is a major pain in the ass. Invision has a lot to clean up before this leaves beta.

Yeah, I just got home from work, and the new posts button is acting as if I haven't been reading VC all day at work.

Yeah, I just got home from work, and the new posts button is acting as if I haven't been reading VC all day at work.

Yup, that happened to me again today.

Dear Invision, please get your shit together and soon, love, cryptique.

Is there a direct url to the lo-fi version? I am often reading this forum using Opera Mini browser on my Nokia mobile phone. The "IP.Board/IP.Board Lo-Fi" box at the bottom of the page does not work there. I'm unable to switch to the more readable lo-fi version.

Yup, that happened to me again today.

Dear Invision, please get your shit together and soon, love, cryptique.

Yep. Back at work, and it is as if I did not open VC at all at home last night.

Is there a direct url to the lo-fi version? I am often reading this forum using Opera Mini browser on my Nokia mobile phone. The "IP.Board/IP.Board Lo-Fi" box at the bottom of the page does not work there. I'm unable to switch to the more readable lo-fi version.

weird, that works on my iPhone...

let me see if i can't find a way to make it at least user selectable, or maybe just add the Opera Mini user agent so that it uses the lo-fi automatically too :)

FYI, i turned on "performance mode" which disables a few more CPU intensive features during heavy load times

trying to figure out what's causing it to overload the servers CPU/RAM

Guest Speed Racer

The board has been intermittently down for me since the switchover, and RainDogToo just sent me an email saying he hasn't been able to get on in the past day or so. Anybody else having this problem? Was it addressed and I am not a comprehensive reader?

The board has been intermittently down for me since the switchover, and RainDogToo just sent me an email saying he hasn't been able to get on in the past day or so. Anybody else having this problem? Was it addressed and I am not a comprehensive reader?

hmm... it's had some load issues the last day, but prior to that i wasn't aware of any big intermittent connectivity.

what error is RainDogToo getting right now?