Do not adjust your television sets...

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

because we're all a bunch of smart asses, that +/- button is going to make us all negative. I love it!   am I the only one that quotes aren't showing up any differently from what someone wrote after q

No sweat. I voted it back up so I'm dead even on broke for votes. If I only knew what this meant....

I plan on using the yellow Report button early and often.

Posted Images

I have to say, I like this so far. Of course, there are still some bugs which I imagine are Invision issues that will get worked out eventually (this is a beta, right?).

I'm one of these anal people who likes to keep my board tidy in terms of marking stuff read, and the features for doing this are currently horrendous. The only thing I've found that works with any consistency is to open a forum and click the "Mark this forum as read" link at the right end of the forum's title bar. None of the other methods of marking stuff as read -- including reading the actual posts -- seems to work.

Also, the orange new_post.png button is still buggy -- sometimes it works, but sometimes it takes you to what was new a few hours ago, not what's new now.

My other issues with the new version are layout things that I'll get used to eventually and probably don't need to be fixed (though I still hope a top-level index item can be added to the drop-down "forum jump" navigation feature).

Overall, I like the new look, the new set of features, etc. I haven't had any trouble seeing Reply buttons and whatnot. And to have PMs back is a big plus. I do look forward to getting our full complement of emoticons back, but I'm guessing that'll happen as time allows, and I can wait.

i have noticed to make everything work in IE 8, it must be in compatibility mode. of course, the old board was the same way, so not that big a deal

lol, no clue.

i will likely disable that feature honestly. surprised it was enabled by default actually.

:( i vote the +/- button stays. i like it (may the negative tally begin)! should we start a poll???

• Like 1

lol, no clue.

i will likely disable that feature honestly. surprised it was enabled by default actually.

:( That is sad to hear.

Some brilliant bastard has been voting -1 in every post in this topic, it's been hilarious.

Not me though. :)

• Like 1

try and clear your cookies first and see, but as for the last unread post, it's working for me (you're clicking on the Time of the post on the right side of the index of forums?)

No, it was the little orange button (first unread post). I think it was a cookies issue. Thanks. Although, I'm going to have to adjust everything when I get home from work. Strange that the new version would affect things like that.

When the page loaded for the old "view new posts" link you'd see columns for "started by", "stats" and "last post info" ( as you still do when you visit the individual forums ).Not seeing that any longer and I miss it. Lots. You also don't get the "go to last un-read" buttom, which I think has been mentioned already.

The only way I ever viewed the board in the past was via "view new posts".

Curiously, "view new content" seems to take forever to load the page. Significantly longer than in the past; ( running latest ver. of Firefox w/ cleared cache+cookies ).

Just some observations....

in IE8, in the Messenger section(conversations), i can see about 1/8 of the avatars. in firefox, it's all cool

No 'new posts' link on iPhone?

I noticed this on another invision board I go to. Am I just dumb?

Anyone else not able to find this? I read almost exclusively from my phone and this is a real problem for me.

Guest Jules

I'm one of these anal people who likes to keep my board tidy in terms of marking stuff read, and the features for doing this are currently horrendous. The only thing I've found that works with any consistency is to open a forum and click the "Mark this forum as read" link at the right end of the forum's title bar. None of the other methods of marking stuff as read -- including reading the actual posts -- seems to work.

Also, the orange new_post.png button is still buggy -- sometimes it works, but sometimes it takes you to what was new a few hours ago, not what's new now.

This is driving me nutso.

Something weird I just noticed -

The post count numbers are different in someone's profile, than the post count numbers under the avatar in a post. Or at least it appears that way in a few profiles I have looked at.

The post count numbers are different in someone's profile, than the post count numbers under the avatar in a post. Or at least it appears that way in a few profiles I have looked at.

I mentioned that to solace in a PM.

i think i know why that is... because i used to archive out old posts, but never reset the post counts...

i'm guessing if i reset them they'd sync up... what's peoples thoughts on doing it?

One weird thing I just noticed: at least on Firefox 3, this new version doesn't seem to want to display more than one set of formatting tags. If you want to make a chunk of text bold and italic, you can have one but not the other.

This is bold and italic, but it's not (or maybe it is in another browser)

This is the same but I clicked the buttons in opposite order

It takes whichever tag is most deeply nested and ignores the rest.

edit: I'm looking at it in IE7 right now, and it doesn't work with this browser either.

One weird thing I just noticed: at least on Firefox 3, this new version doesn't seem to want to display more than one set of formatting tags. If you want to make a chunk of text bold and italic, you can have one but not the other.

This is bold and italic, but it's not (or maybe it is in another browser)

This is the same but I clicked the buttons in opposite order

It takes whichever tag is most deeply nested and ignores the rest.

edit: I'm looking at it in IE7 right now, and it doesn't work with this browser either.

i'd imagine a lot of these smaller bugs will be fixed by the final release, which should be in the next 2 months. there will likely be 1-2 more Release Candidates in the interim.

And another thing: information about what forums/threads I've read does not appear to be saved online -- perhaps only locally, and specific to the browser? I just logged in using IE7 and the whole board is unread (again).

I noticed this yesterday when I got home from work -- I had to mark everything read at home.

Needless to say, this is a major pain in the ass. Invision has a lot to clean up before this leaves beta.

let me see if there's maybe not a local (cookie based) vs. server based setting, i know there used to be.

also, i just changed the relative date/post time type... what do people think?

i kind of like it

can't seem to figure out how to send PMs in mobile theme either. I guess I'm just a dumbass, because nobody else is posting anything about this.

you can switch to the regular one on your iphone tho right?

if so just use that for now, i've not even had a chance to look at the mobile theme yet