Do not adjust your television sets...

First let me say to Solace, Thank you for all the time and effort you put into this site so us miscreants can lurk and complain.

I know first hand that it's not easy to mod/admin a message board, especially one with as many members as VC.

With that being said, I have been noticing quite a few glitches in the quote option. Sometimes it's in a box sometimes not, and when it's not it's hard to tell that it's a quote.

Also smiley's in quotes sometimes adds a bunch of BBcode that isn't necessary.

All things that will probably start working themselves out, but thought it was worth a mention.

:cheers

• Like 1
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

because we're all a bunch of smart asses, that +/- button is going to make us all negative. I love it!   am I the only one that quotes aren't showing up any differently from what someone wrote after q

No sweat. I voted it back up so I'm dead even on broke for votes. If I only knew what this meant....

I plan on using the yellow Report button early and often.

Posted Images

I think. :twitchsmile (That's another thing ... if the twitchsmile smilie no longer works, I may have to quit the board) :lol

jesus, no twitchsmile. COME ON!

• Like 3

the smileys will be fixed for sure, don't worry there ;)

as for the layout/colors, again, this is just the standard 3.0 theme, i plan on tweaking this one like we have in the past, so i'll take all of your suggestions/complaints/gripes in mind when i start to work on a custom theme/layout/color scheme.

more later this evening, been in my annual review all afternoon (went well thankfully *phew*).

• Like 2

I previously had moderator status on the old board version, and I think somehow in the upgrade I was bumped down to just a normal user, so if you could just go ahead and reset that parameter that'd be great.

• Like 1

It's really buggy in IE6--so I switched to Firefox (which I prefer so I'm not really whining). Anyway, there are no buttons to reply to individual posts and no avatars in IE6.

hmm... not all that surprising honestly.

IE6 was one of the worst browsers in terms of standards compliance. it's also 2 versions behind the current now (IE8), so most web designers have moved past trying to bandage sites/software to work with something that fails to comply to W3 standards

• Like 1

Not a complaint - but what's the deal with the PM system.

I see what the deal is now. Some people are not accepting personal messages.

Edited by Analogman
  • Like 1

What's the story on pm's?

Also, I know you said not to adjust our sets, solace, but can I give the monitor one little whack on the side and see if that makes the missing emoticons come back? Ok? I promise not to mess with the horizontal.

Ok, well it turns out that I couldn't get to my pm's ("My Conversations") because stupid IE8 doesn't fully get this board...firefox does just fine. IE8 is just loading a blank page or an error message when I try to visit the forums.

And I'm still thinking about whacking the monitor to see if it brings back the emoticons. Either that or fiddling with the vertical hold dial....

• Like 2

Ok, well it turns out that I couldn't get to my pm's ("My Conversations") because stupid IE8 doesn't fully get this board...firefox does just fine. IE8 is just loading a blank page or an error message when I try to visit the forums.

And I'm still thinking about whacking the monitor to see if it brings back the emoticons. Either that or fiddling with the vertical hold dial....

It might be time to get out the old rabbit-ears... ;)

• Like 1

sorry guys... was on a house call this evening when the MySQL server stopped serving requests.

i think i fixed that issue temporarily at least

Thank you, Kyle. Your efforts are appreciated.

• Like 1

Something else I have been noticing:

For some reason, topics I've read over and over again keep appearing as if I have never read them. Going to the last unread post takes me to the first one. Is this a cookies issue? I never had this problem until the switch today.

• Like 1

Something else I have been noticing:

For some reason, topics I've read over and over again keep appearing as if I have never read them. Going to the last unread post takes me to the first one. Is this a cookies issue? I never had this problem until the switch today.

try and clear your cookies first and see, but as for the last unread post, it's working for me (you're clicking on the Time of the post on the right side of the index of forums?)

• Like 1

so if you get a certain amount of negative votes, what will happen? likewise, what happens if you get a lot of positive votes? will Wilco invite us on stage for a jam? everyone hook this post up with + votes, we'll see what happens.

• Like 2

so if you get a certain amount of negative votes, what will happen? likewise, what happens if you get a lot of positive votes? will Wilco invite us on stage for a jam? everyone hook this post up with + votes, we'll see what happens.

lol, no clue.

i will likely disable that feature honestly. surprised it was enabled by default actually.

• Like 2

lol, no clue.

i will likely disable that feature honestly. surprised it was enabled by default actually.

If it's possible, I think it would fit in well in the Random forum. Otherwise, I'm digging the new setup.

• Like 1

lol, no clue.

oh, i noticed every user on here has a rating bar. maybe the votes go towards that?

i don't blame you for wanting to disable it. it might be a turn off for new users who get bombarded with negative votes on their first posts. however, it is quite amusing. seeing this get a negative vote made me lol:

I plan on using the yellow Report button early and often.

• Like 1