Do not adjust your television sets...

Invision has released a Release Candidate version (ie: nearly final code) of their IPB 3.0 forum software that fixes the PM spamming issue.

Now obviously things look and work a bit different than before (and it's new to me as well), but having used it in beta for the last 3-4 months, I think it's a very superior version in many ways. so give it some time, if you hate it now, wait until you drive it (what movie is that from??)

There will be certain things that need to be tweaked and changed, so bear with me on that.

If you notice any major bugs or errors, please feel free to send me a PM with the info.

• Like 1
  • Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

because we're all a bunch of smart asses, that +/- button is going to make us all negative. I love it!   am I the only one that quotes aren't showing up any differently from what someone wrote after q

No sweat. I voted it back up so I'm dead even on broke for votes. If I only knew what this meant....

I plan on using the yellow Report button early and often.

Posted Images

It's tacky and I hate it.

wow that took all of 2 minutes to form that opinion.

read my post again.

p.s. it's easy to get rid of the sidebar on the mainpage if you don't like it :)

• Like 1

The only possible problem I have with it at the moment is that I wish there was more of a clear distinction between pinned threads and active threads. It seemed like before since they were more physically separated it was easier to tell what was new and what wasn't.

Invision has released a Release Candidate version (ie: nearly final code) of their IPB 3.0 forum software that fixes the PM spamming issue.

Now obviously things look and work a bit different than before (and it's new to me as well), but having used it in beta for the last 3-4 months, I think it's a very superior version in many ways. so give it some time, if you hate it now, wait until you drive it (what movie is that from??)

There will be certain things that need to be tweaked and changed, so bear with me on that.

If you notice any major bugs or errors, please feel free to send me a PM with the info.

Vacation.

The site looks good. Everything just seems bigger.

wow that took all of 2 minutes to form that opinion.

read my post again.

p.s. it's easy to get rid of the sidebar on the mainpage if you don't like it :)

Well, my eyes began hemorrhaging as soon as I logged in, and then, when I tried to post a reply, everything looked all wonky and unfamiliar, and since I don

is this what teh new Wilco album sounds like?

Solace - I know you asked for PMs, but it seems this thread will be good for concerns and whatnot. I noticed that external links that people post load in the same tab, thus taking the user away from VC. This didn't happen before, IIRC. It kinda sucks. Thanks for your time - Sir Stewart.

• Like 1

OK, a few things I've noticed ... I realize that the way I use the board has evolved in a personal, idiosyncratic way and no one else may miss the same features I do, but here's my "waaaaaah!" list of minor bitches:

1. What happened to the TOP button?

2. The "mark board read" link at the very bottom does not appear to do what it says. I used to click the "mark all forums read" link pretty often, and if this function no longer works, it'll be ... inconvenient. (I don't like the new location for this link either, but I don't suppose that's something that can be changed.)

3. In the drop-down forum jump thingie, there no longer appears to be a way to jump to the board index. Coupled with the lack of a TOP button, this is severely cramping my style.

4. There no longer seems to be the drop-down that allowed you to mark all threads in the current forum as read and either return to the index or return to the current forum. I used this constantly in the previous version. Is there any analogous feature in this version? (For the record, I did just now notice that if I click the folder icon for a forum, it marks that forum as read. It may have always worked that way. But I do still miss the previous drop-down, because it let me venture into a forum and see which threads had been updated before marking them as read.)

I'll get used to the new layout, but these are the things that are tripping me up right now. If none of them can be addressed, I'll survive.

I think. :twitchsmile (That's another thing ... if the twitchsmile smilie no longer works, I may have to quit the board) :lol

• Like 1

I can see most avatars, I think.

My question is concering the "go to new posts" button. Did that "refresh" for everyone else. Now when I click that button it just takes me to the first post in the thread.

And now that we can vote on posts, this post would just like to say what an amazing group of people we have here. If you vote for me I while make recess last half the day and lunches will be free.

My question is concering the "go to new posts" button. Did that "refresh" for everyone else. Now when I click that button it just takes me to the first post in the thread.

That's because with the upgrade, it thinks you haven't read any of the threads. If you mark everything read, it should start to function OK for you again afterwards.

• Like 1

I can see most avatars, I think.

And now that we can vote on posts, this post would just like to say what an amazing group of people we have here. If you vote for me I while make recess last half the day and lunches will be free.

The switchover seems to have reset everything. Once you get in a topic, that feature still works properly.

• Like 1