Is the board not as active as it once was?

and the site being harder to look at (general consensus, from what I can tell)

eh, i dunno about that.

personally as someone who is on probably 15-20 different web forums, all running various versions and types of forum software, i find this new UI and layout pretty nice. *shrug*

i'd imagine it's more about people not giving it a fair chance or wanting to learn something new. the thing is, i can't just stay at an earlier version/layout unless you want to deal with ridiculous amounts of spam and such.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh, i dunno about that.

personally as someone who is on probably 15-20 different web forums, all running various versions and types of forum software, i find this new UI and layout pretty nice. *shrug*

i'd imagine it's more about people not giving it a fair chance or wanting to learn something new. the thing is, i can't just stay at an earlier version/layout unless you want to deal with ridiculous amounts of spam and such.

now that things have settled down, I'll agree with you that the new VC is fine and there isn't much basis for complaints. But it was pretty damn near unbearable for a few weeks there - I know I got out of the habit of coming here because it was such a chore.

Glad it's back - hopefully usage will return as well.

I would not dare to puruse the other board while at work. Too much NSFW stuff.

I want to pursue this board you speak of. I love NSFW stuff. Then again I don't work in an office. Please tell me about this board.

I want to pursue this board you speak of. I love NSFW stuff. Then again I don't work in an office. Please tell me about this board.

perv :P

3.0 Final is out now too btw (they did a soft launch w/o any fanfare), so here goes nothing :)

Did you just apply it? In this thread I can see avatars and some more buttons from my pathetically ancient IE6 work PC. That's new.

Yeah, people are afraid to admit how much Obama is fucking up.

I'm not.

For instance, how can ANYONE not associated with the coal mining industry support mountaintop mining? That concept makes me wanna puke.

I'm in disbelief that Obama threw his support behind it. He's not the guy I thought he was.

I'm not.

For instance, how can ANYONE not associated with the coal mining industry support mountaintop mining? That concept makes me wanna puke.

I'm in disbelief that Obama threw his support behind it. He's not the guy I thought he was.

He’s doing exactly what he was hired to do, preserve the status quo. All that stuff about change and transparency and a new kind of leader, that was just marketing. The sorry state of the two-party system, a state in which both parties are beholden to their corporate benefactors, first, and everything and everyone else, a distant second, pretty much guarantees that the candidates they foist on the public will never rock the boat in any meaningful way.

Editor’s Note: The following rant is, admittedly, a gross over-simplification, but in essence, no less true.

Edit: As the New York Times, Bob Herbert wrote in a recent column:

"Policies that were wrong under George W. Bush are no less wrong because Barack Obama is in the White House."

Unfortunately, for many supporters, there is a difference. And they allow themselves to justify or defend actions and/or behavior they would have crucified under Bush.

He’s doing exactly what he was hired to do, preserve the status quo.

BINGO....we have a winner!

For some reason, I thought Obama was different. The last 6 months proved me dead wrong. He sided with the status quo......and I couldnt be more disappointed.

I'm done supporting any major political party.

I'm still unable to access this site at work, so my posting and visitation is way down (I'm sure everyone is disappointed). I keep getting the "Content Encoding Error - The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression."

It started with the switch to the new board, but I can't be certain that IT at work didn't do something either. It would happen to be quite a coincidence, though. My efforts to circumvent it have been unsuccessful. It happens in both browsers for me, so I'm sure there is some kind of setting or board attribute that is preventing me from accessing VC.