Is the board not as active as it once was?

I like that button, but it just takes you to the last unread post in a certain thread. The old "view new posts" link took you to a list of every thread, forum-wide, that had new posts in it.

Top-right corner, under search button, "View New Content" link?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that button, but it just takes you to the last unread post in a certain thread. The old "view new posts" link took you to a list of every thread, forum-wide, that had new posts in it.

Top-right corner, under search button, "View New Content" link?

Yeah, but it's not quite the same. "View New Content" won't show you the latest posts/updates in threads like "Now Playing" ( at least not for me).

Plus, "View New Content" does not have the little red/orange "Last unread post' buttons".

None of this is a deal killer tho....

Yeah, but it's not quite the same. "View New Content" won't show you the latest posts/updates in threads like "Now Playing" ( at least not for me).

Plus, "View New Content" does not have the little red/orange "Last unread post' buttons".

None of this is a deal killer tho....

hmm... it's setup to show new content from all forums, i just double checked, weird.

I don't know if this is the place to ask, but will the PM feature ever come back?? If not I have some record store merch I may not get to someone.

LouieB

It is working. I think there is some setting that people have to check to accept personal messages.

Definitely not the same. RIP, view new posts.

Thanks again Solace for the hard work you put in to make this work. :worship

yes, thanks Solace. i prefer the new style as opposed to the previous one. your work is much appreciated.

regarding the board dying down, i have a feeling that a plethora of new Wilco fans will join soon. after all, W(TA) is about to be released and we all know that a new album + tons of touring = crazy amounts of new fans. i first got into Wilco back in 2002 when YHF was released, but i didn't join VC until a fellow fan informed me of its existence backstage after my first Wilco gig. we should hand out VC business cards at shows :D

• 4 weeks later...
Guest zacincceo

I'd offer my services for working on an iPhone version....

has this been thoughts about?

At least if we get it submitted as an app (easy to do, I have a dev acct) when ppl search for the wilco app this can come up ;)

p.s im new here but ive been guest viewing for over a year now.... realized that wapperings was my 6th show, just got tix for chicago show.... if any of the mods wants credentials ill be happy to suffice

insert joke here

Best everyone,

-Zac

Zac, you're supposed to send each mod $50 before your first post can be approved. I don't seem to have received that yet.

:wave

I'll tell you how the board has changed: no thread for the new Harry Potter movie?!? This place used to be crawling with geeks! Where have all the HP nerds gone...?

Zac, you're supposed to send each mod $50 before your first post can be approved. I don't seem to have received that yet.

:wave

I'll tell you how the board has changed: no thread for the new Harry Potter movie?!? This place used to be crawling with geeks! Where have all the HP nerds gone...?

I'm here. But i haven't seen the movie yet. I'm still reeling from the confirmed news that Hermione is going to school at Brown and probably study in my old department and I'm down here in Virginia!!!!!

i saw the new harry potter movie and loved it. but didn't start a thread because i had been caught off guard that the movie was coming out because there was no thread started weeks and weeks before hand to psych everyone up about the movie coming out...it was as if everyone had left and there are only new folks here that just wanna talk about wilco or something. imagine that...talk about wilco...on a wilco message board. ok, now i am actually making myself laugh. :yay

I am new also - this is only my second post! But I've been a lurker for a long time and also feel the personality of the board has changed somewhat since I first started reading it.

I am a big Wilco fan....but not a huge Wilco fan.

What originally drew me to this board (aside from Wilco ;) ) was the "Someone Else's Song" board....which does seem to have decreased traffic/not the same kind of conversation. I dunno....is it okay if I like to talk about other music more than I like to talk about Wilco? (Not wanting to step on any toes!) For what it's worth, I first listened to W(TA) when it leaked...instantly loved it and thought it was my second fave Wilco album after Summerteeth....now I'm not so sure....it doesn't seem to be aging well with me - in the way that while I really like it, I don't find the individual songs memorable enough to register in my brain as individual songs. There is no Via Chicago. There is no Shot in the Arm. There is no Candyfloss!

(I do own all Wilco albums except A.M.)

I know it sounds crazy, but ever since the "view new content" (formerly known as "view new posts" from the old board) stopped working right, I don't come here very often.. It's just too much of a pain to find new posts going through each category.. I know, I'm lazy and stubborn... But that's why I'm not as active on the board, and maybe other folks are like me..