Spiders (Kidsmoke)

Hummingbird

-----------------------

Red-Eyed and Blue>

I Got You (At The End of the Century)>

Monday>

Hoodoo Voodoo

In a Future Age? wow.

Wow, indeed. What a great show! This was my first Wilco show. I'm going again tomorrow and kind of wishing I was going on Thursday, as well.

Awesome, Awesome show. Wilco rocked my face off tonight.

Also - very pleased to hear Muzzle of Bees...

Looks like a great set list! I'd have been pretty pleased long about "The Late Greats" and "Box Full of Letters".

I'll be there tomorrow night. I'm hoping they haven't given LA our quota of "The Late Greats" since they didn't play it in Pomona. There seem to be a lot of birthdays going on the Wilco world. (In fact I just had mine, too...)

BTW when the "Price is Right" theme played in Pomona, I was seriously hoping Drew Carey was gonna come out and introduce the band.

Looks like a great set list! I'd have been pretty pleased long about "The Late Greats" and "Box Full of Letters".

I'll be there tomorrow night. I'm hoping they haven't given LA our quota of "The Late Greats" since they didn't play it in Pomona. There seem to be a lot of birthdays going on the Wilco world. (In fact I just had mine, too...)

BTW when the "Price is Right" theme played in Pomona, I was seriously hoping Drew Carey was gonna come out and introduce the band.

I was at the show in OKC on the 15th, and Jeff explained that the Price is Right theme song has been stuck in Glenn's head for over a month, and proceeded to have the audience sing it, then saying "Glenn, you will not be sleeping tonight"... playing it at the beginning was most likely to further torture Glenn hahaha

I'm going tonight and Thursday...can't wait.

Last night's setlist looked great, in particular this series of tunes:

At Least That's What You Said

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

One Wing

In A Future Age

Impossible Germany

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

Can anyone say what time Wilco went on at the Wiltern on Monday night?

I'm going tonight and Thursday...can't wait.

Last night's setlist looked great, in particular this series of tunes:

At Least That's What You Said

Bull Black Nova

You Are My Face

IATTBYH

One Wing

In A Future Age

Impossible Germany

Shouldn't Be Ashamed

Can anyone say what time Wilco went on at the Wiltern on Monday night?

They are VERY punctual, be early

They are VERY punctual, be early

Is that a serious or facetious response? I don't recall them being overly punctual at the Greek a couple years ago, although my memory might be a bit hazy. I'll be driving up after work, so any help would be appreciated. Can't wait.

Is that a serious or facetious response? I don't recall them being overly punctual at the Greek a couple years ago, although my memory might be a bit hazy. I'll be driving up after work, so any help would be appreciated. Can't wait.

Jonathan Wilson went on at 8 and played about 45-50 minutes. Wilco was on at 9:15 and played until about 11:35.

Wilco mixes new tunes, rarities in L.A. stand

By Darryl Morden

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter)...Wilco is something of a cult band: no hit singles, no massive record sales. But the group has garnered a devoted following through albums that have ranged from straight-ahead singer-songwriter Americana to more ethereal explorations of emotional tone and mood.

Monday's opening night of a sold-out three-date run at the Wiltern found the group offering up songs from its upcoming Nonesuch release simply called "Wilco" while also dipping into rarely played material to delight its most hard-core fans.

Wilco is one of the few acts on the road with set lists that change nightly, especially when playing a multiple-show stand in one city.

Clocking in at more than two hours, the 29-song performance (if you include "Happy Birthday" sung for their lighting tech) truly was as far-ranging as rock can get.

After an amusing introductory snippet of the theme from "The Price Is Right ( :ermm are they no longer using the theme from the Bob Newhart show, or is he clueless here?)," the band hit the stage with the title-ish track from the new album, anchored by its refrain of "Wilco will love you, baby," then shifted into the older "A Muzzle of Bees."

The driving saloon-piano triplets of the "Blue Black Nova" gave way to acid-rock tide pool of "You Are My Face,"(uh...what?) the ache-laced "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart" and bittersweet yet hopeful "Shouldn't Be Ashamed."

Frontman Jeff Tweedy, who serves as a musical tour guide rather than a showman, didn't have much to say early on. When he finally spoke to the crowd, pitching the tour programs filled with trivia tidbits, it was all tongue-in-cheek -- a contrast to the often layered, conflicted emotional content of most of the songs.

But Wilco is one of those bands that makes up for a lack of stage patter with those musical riches. One moment the group sounds like heirs to the legacy of the Grateful Dead or the Band, then it's delving into liquid Pink Floyd dreamscapes or unleashing unhinged, blistering yet steady cascades along the lines of Neil Young with Crazy Horse.

Credit guitarist Nels Cline for sinewy and spiraling leads that fueled the fire as the band built to crashing crescendos.

Off-center country rock remains among the group's strongest offerings live, including "Handshake Drugs" and "You Never Know," and the playful Southern rock of "I'm the Man Who Loves You" closed out the main set.

Encore selections featured house favorites: the rollicking "Box Full of Letters," "Misunderstood," the almost-Eurotrashy epic "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" and the darn chipper "I Got You (At the End of the Century)."

No, he's right, it really was a snippet from The Price is Right theme. Apparently Glenn's had it stuck in his head lately, so that seems to have been a bit of band teasing.

Interesting review, though I'm often surprised by the way Wilco's songs are described by reviewers. This guy's adjectives made my eyebrows shoot up several times!

You got some really terrific shots, Maudie! :yes I took bunches (plenty are just blurry messes tho') but haven't really had time to weed through them yet. I'll post some once this week winds down.

The lighting this tour has been gorgeous!