Now Playing: July 2009

• Replies 348
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It leaked, it can be found easily via a google blog search.

--Mike

I am aware of it's leak but I think I'm gonna wait this one out. I guess my question should have been "how does this one sound? Tell me what it's like."

I am aware of it's leak but I think I'm gonna wait this one out. I guess my question should have been "how does this one sound? Tell me what it's like."

Well it's so good as I have been listening to it, I have been pondering packing my bags and heading over to Via Hoboken. Typically eclectic set from the band, lot of great Ira guitar parts, some amazing string arrangements and 60's Motown-style duet between Ira and Georgia. Then there's the epic three songs in 35 minutes closing tracks. Further solidifies their position as the "Holy Spirit" in the Trinity of American Art Rock Bands, The Velvets being God, and The Talking Heads Jesus.

--Mike

Well it's so good as I have been listening to it, I have been pondering packing my bags and heading over to Via Hoboken. Typically eclectic set from the band, lot of great Ira guitar parts, some amazing string arrangements and 60's Motown-style duet between Ira and Georgia. Then there's the epic three songs in 35 minutes closing tracks. Further solidifies their position as the "Holy Spirit" in the Trinity of American Art Rock Bands, The Velvets being God, and The Talking Heads Jesus.

--Mike

Wow, that's quite an endorsement. I really liked their last two records (The last YLT one the CF one).

For my membership to NPR:

Like Oh My God! I Can't Live Without It: Live From Sound Opinions

Sound%20Ops%20CD.jpg

This exclusive collection features live in-studio performances by musical guests. Hosts Jim DeRogatis and Greg Kot handpicked the tracks as a gift to their loyal listeners and public radio members.

Tracklist:

Mission of Burma - 2wice

Robyn Hitchcock & The Venus Twins - Olé! Tarantula

Buddy Guy - Louise McGhee

Jason Lyttle - Disconnect

the Swell Season - Falling Slowly

Jenny Lewis w/ the Watson Twins - Rise Up With Fists!!!

Peter, Bjorn, & john - Young Folks

The Besnard Snakes - Devastation

The Effegies - Mob Clash

Parts & Labor - The Gold We're Digging

Jon Brion - Knock Yourself Out

The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1

(all live in the studio at the show. cool!)

Giving it a first listen now. I just wish that it had better notes regarding recording dates and such. And maybe a little commentary from the guys.

51Xf3ctjPZL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
51YGMCD2RCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

I refuse to ever buy compilations that don't provide any new material.

As far as song choices, how is this?

They didn't exclusively pick the singles: instead, they plucked some highlights from the albums.

It's not awful. I didn't hear disc 2 yet since Spinner is only streaming disc 1.

NP: Wilco w/ Andrew Bird - Jesus, Etc. (Live Summer '08)