NHL 2010-2011 Season Thread

The excitement of last two minutes rivaled any that I have ever seen (except maybe game 6 of the Hawks/preds :lol ). I mean, seriously, the Canadiens totally deserved to win. The Caps did not lose as much as the Habs won. You gotta hand it to them.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. That's what's so frustrating--that after the great regular season they had, the Caps couldn't beat Montreal in a game where both teams played hard. The Caps gave away Game 1 and Game 5, and the Canadiens gave away Game 2. But those last 2 games were hard-fought all the way, and the Caps couldn't score when it counted. 6-on-4 with almost 2 minutes left, they have to put one in.

I can't help but feel like they got a bum draw in terms of matchups. Montreal played them tough in the regular season too--every game was a one-goal affair, with 2 of them going to OT. They had better regular season success against every other team in the East, with the possible exception of Ottawa. If they draw the Flyers or Bruins in the first round, maybe things turn out different, but them's the playoffs.

Ten minutes into the first.... I've never seen Detroit play so poorly. :dontgetit

Come on, Wings! Get your act together! The Canucks want home ice in the third round!!

Course as soon as I post this they score and make me look like a straight up fool!! :ohwell

Ten minutes into the first.... I've never seen Detroit play so poorly. :dontgetit

Come on, Wings! Get your act together! The Canucks want home ice in the third round!!

Course as soon as I post this they score and make me look like a straight up fool!! :ohwell

Yeah, that first 10 minutes hurt. They were completely dominated. They ended up making a game of it, but could never score the tying goal.

Wings should be an Eastern team. No team will travel more in the playoffs.

Refs were bad both ways... a lot of wtf? calls. Pavelski- what can you say, the guy has stepped up his game bigtime - just what the Sharks have lacked these past few yrs. Nice to see Jumbo Joe and Heater get into the scoring mix a bit, too.

But even at 2-0, I'm not comfortable. Both games could have turned the other way, just hoping to steal a game in Detroit.

Yesterday's games were interesting.

I'm so torn on the Pens/Habs series. I'm sooo sick of Pittsburgh! I mean, there's no denying the talent of Crosby or Malkin, but the NHL has done a wonderful job of making me want to kill myself at the very sight of them. Yeah, they're great, but do we have to see them on EVERY commercial the league has authorized?

That being said, I have a born-in hatred against Montreal. I hate their cocky fans, their stupid haircuts, and their obsession with their own dominance despite the fact that they haven't won a cup in nearly 20 years.

But it would be great to see a Boston vs. Montreal Conference Finals if Boston is lucky enough to make it that far.

So I'm "cheering" for the Habs, but much like a double agent: I want them to win...but not for their benefit.

The Sharks are looking pretty good, Pavelski has been unreal. I could still see Detroit coming back into this series though....

Is it wrong that I'm hoping the Bell Centre just burns down during tomorrow's game?

We won't hold it against you if you aren't a Habs fan, but cheering for the Pens is...just....wrong. :blush

How many NHL and NBC executives would start taking cyanide tablets if the finals turned out to be Vancouver vs Montreal??? :monkey

That was a poorly officiated game, from what I saw! Still... the Wings really need to get their act together.

They so do. Their D is lacking and Howard is not holding up that well in the playoffs, despite his shutout.

Last night San Jose had 10 power play opportunities including several 5 on 3. Wings had 4 PP opportunities.

Boston just got a nice win.

If Detroit does not make it, I would like to see the Canadian teams go or Boston and Chicago.

I'm enjoying the Western playoffs. I just like the teams better. they are more exciting to watch. I grew up a Bruins fan and are liking their current run but that team isnt that exciting to watch.

Does it get any better than CHI vs VAN, DET vs SJ? i guess VAN vs SJ would be kick ass.

Kane, Toews, Keith, Burrows, Kesler, Sedins, Luongo, Samuelsson, Pavelski, Marleau, Thornton, Boyle, Heatley, Datsyuk= fun to watch

Crosby, Malkin, Cammalleri, Halak=ok to watch

West has more Excitement!

How many NHL and NBC executives would start taking cyanide tablets if the finals turned out to be Vancouver vs Montreal??? :monkey

Haha, me and a friend of mine had this exact conversation on Sunday night. I wonder how long it's been since there was an all-Canadian final? Trivia, anyone?

Haha, me and a friend of mine had this exact conversation on Sunday night. I wonder how long it's been since there was an all-Canadian final? Trivia, anyone?

Great question.

Let's see. Ottawa and Montreal are the only Canadian teams that I can think of from the East that have been in the finals in the last 20 years.

Ottawa played the Ducks, And Montreal played LA and... Calgary! ding ding! 1989. Dougie Gilmour.

Great question.

Let's see. Ottawa and Montreal are the only Canadian teams that I can think of from the East that have been in the finals in the last 20 years.

Ottawa played the Ducks, And Montreal played LA and... Calgary! ding ding! 1989. Dougie Gilmour.

AAAAh hell, how could I not remember that?!?!?! When Lanny scored I almost hit the roof! That was a great series.

Great game last night, Hawks really dominated the 2nd and 3rd periods and fought so hard to finally get something past Luongo. I'm torn, I like both teams in this series - the Hawks are my favorite team after the Habs (I grew up in Montreal). But I know the Canucks are the best hope for a Canadian team going to the finals. And they're a fun team to watch when they're "on" their game. Guess I'll be happy no matter the outcome.