• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luongo has been pretty good.

Too bad the rest of the Canucks don't know how to kill a penalty. :realmad

3-2 in the third... come on........

Edit....

Oh thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

OK. If nobody else is gonna... HOLY SHIT! YOU SEE WHAT THE BLACKHAWKS PULLED OFF??!! That was amazing. HISTORY. For you older Hawks fans, it kind of reminds me of that '89?? , last game of the season against the Maple Leafs, where if they won they were in and if they lost they were out. The game was tied with little time left in the third, and Troy Murray stole the puck away from the defenseman in their own zone and scored to put them in the playoffs. Anybody remember that? I think I got it right, but it was a long time ago. What a COMEBACK!

Yes I saw the game. What a terrific ending, though with them up 3-1 to start the third, then losing the lead (which brought on the heroics by Kane and Hossa), all I can say is that they almost blew it.

Damn Halak was good tonight, best performance I've seen since................ Craig Anderson! Ha! I love seeing cocky teams like Washington getting taken down a peg. Though Habs fans piss me off... there's 15 minutes left in the third and they're singing "ole, ole, ole", if there's any team in the league that can get three quick goals, it's Washington.

Glad to see Boston trump Buffalo. There's something about Ryan Miller that I just don't like.

I'm always wrong, so I shouldn't make predictions HOWEVER, I don't see any team in the west being able to trump Chicago or Vancouver, nor the east, so.... The winner of the Chicago/Vancouver series will win the cup. And I fucking hope it's not Chicago. Not because I'm a Canuck-homer, but because I hate Kane, his name should not be on the cup. And don't get me started on Byfuglien. :realmad

I'm always wrong, so I shouldn't make predictions HOWEVER, I don't see any team in the west being able to trump Chicago or Vancouver, nor the east, so.... The winner of the Chicago/Vancouver series will win the cup. And I fucking hope it's not Chicago. Not because I'm a Canuck-homer, but because I hate Kane, his name should not be on the cup. And don't get me started on Byfuglien. :realmad

So, even though both the Canucks and Hawks series went to six games, you couldn't imagine another team beating either one?

It's not like either team dominated. I still think it's wide open in the West.

As for the East, I think it's Cindy's Cup to lose.

Glad Phoenix got eliminated. I like the players, Shane Doan is one of the best guys in the league... but damn, that would have been awkward if they won the cup and then moved in the offseason!

Damn Halak was good tonight, best performance I've seen since................ Craig Anderson! Ha! I love seeing cocky teams like Washington getting taken down a peg. Though Habs fans piss me off... there's 15 minutes left in the third and they're singing "ole, ole, ole", if there's any team in the league that can get three quick goals, it's Washington.

Game 7 hasn't been played yet, but I'm already profoundly depressed. Should the Caps lose this one tonight, it'll cement their legacy alongside the Cleveland Browns, Chicago Cubs, and other famously inept franchises at winning the big game. I've only been a fan for 12 years or so, so my experience is limited to blowing 2-game series leads in 2003 and last year, as well as Game 7 against the Flyers 2 years ago and getting swept by Pittsburgh in 2000. I wasn't even around for the truly painful chokes of yesteryear.

All these guys had to do was win one game out of 3 and they'd move on to play a badly depleted Philly team. As it is, they stand to hand the Penguins yet another postseason gift. Here's hoping these Caps aren't the same old choking dogs...

Game 7 hasn't been played yet, but I'm already profoundly depressed. Should the Caps lose this one tonight, it'll cement their legacy alongside the Cleveland Browns, Chicago Cubs, and other famously inept franchises at winning the big game. I've only been a fan for 12 years or so, so my experience is limited to blowing 2-game series leads in 2003 and last year, as well as Game 7 against the Flyers 2 years ago and getting swept by Pittsburgh in 2000. I wasn't even around for the truly painful chokes of yesteryear.

All these guys had to do was win one game out of 3 and they'd move on to play a badly depleted Philly team. As it is, they stand to hand the Penguins yet another postseason gift. Here's hoping these Caps aren't the same old choking dogs...

Don't worry. They'll win.

Ain't NHL playoffs grand?

Capitals shouldn't have talked smack before the series started. That goes for Boudreau and Ovechkin. Boudreau stated that his team should win the cup this year and Ovechkin went on to say after game 1 how shaky and nervous Halak was and that he knows how to crack him. It looks like Halak is getting the last laugh at the moment. The Caps defense needs to learn how to just play hockey and also keep Cammalleri from scoring goals. Without Poti is a major setback for the Caps though.

God, I hate Ovechkin. Go Habs!

Yeah, that hurt. Getting a power play with 2 minutes remaining and a chance to tie and not scoring--that sucks. If Washington's power play had been merely wretched, they would have won the series going away. Congrats to the Habs. I'm going to go drink myself to sleep now.

Don't worry. They'll win.

Ain't NHL playoffs grand?

You jinxed them!!

Capitals shouldn't have talked smack before the series started. That goes for Boudreau and Ovechkin. Boudreau stated that his team should win the cup this year and Ovechkin went on to say after game 1 how shaky and nervous Halak was and that he knows how to crack him. It looks like Halak is getting the last laugh at the moment. The Caps defense needs to learn how to just play hockey and also keep Cammalleri from scoring goals. Without Poti is a major setback for the Caps though.

That's exactly why I don't like Ovechkin, he's incredibly arrogant for someone who has never won anything. Until he proves otherwise, he's another Joe Thornton.

That non-goal was BS, yes, but the Caps should have never even been anywhere close to being in that position.

Congrats to the Habs, it's good to see another Canadian team still in the playoffs!

Habs.....unbelievable. I grew up on them and rolled out of bed every morning expecting them to win the Cup, but that was a long time ago. I mean the 70s and five Cups. Now Halak getting so hot reminds me of Roy in '86.

Pittsburgh and Detroit are both beatable, hopefully they'll both get knocked out ASAP.

Chicago-Vancouver should be a good series. I'd LOVE to see a Montreal-Chicago final, they're the only teams I've ever really liked. Not totally true...the Islanders won me over for a while there. Again, ancient history.

Ovechkin is a different style of hockey player, not in the physical or talented sense, in the Cocky/Arrogant/Talkative way. Unlike most hockey players, this guy says a lot to media. He ate his words and the Caps looked bad. Halak was the dominate figure. Great series Habs.

Yes, Im excited for 'Hawks and 'Nucks. Woot!!! This will be a burner, rough rematch, but i see the Sedins, Burrows, Kesler, taking down Niemi and Huet.

Sharks v Wings - should be a great series. Nabokov has a lot to prove - hard to believe he was a Vezina finalist only two years ago. He's not the premier goalie he once was. Detroit has the experience of getting to the finals the last two years, but I think this matchup is pretty even.

Canucks v Hawks - this will be a brouhaha. I think whomever wins this series will lose in the next round due to the physical toll it will take. There's no love lost between these teams. The goalie of the losing team will be the goat.

Pens v Habs - Pens in 5. I think the Habs will be spent after the Caps series.

Bs v Flyers - Rask will take this series in 6. Flyers lost two great players (Carter and Briere?) in the last series, and they're a much weaker team without them.

I'm betting on a 3rd year of Pens v Wings in the finals.

... Now Halak getting so hot reminds me of Roy in '86.

And Dryden in the early 70s (71?). The is a Canadians tradition of goalies coming out of nowhere to win a cup. Halak certainly stole that series. And after the Olympics, and now this, the debaate about who is better between Crosby and Ovechkin will disappear for a while.