NHL 2010-2011 Season Thread

nothing against Canada but the Classic should stay in the States at least for a few more years and then go back to Canada.

Hockey isnt popular in the US and it is in Canada so it seems smart on a PR level to play it in the States. New York, Philly, Detroit, St. Louis, some place cold on the 1st.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

Mmmm.... Sedins don't show up. In fact the team doesn't show up till the third period. But the Canucks still beat the Bruins. Niiice! (Sorry had to brag to the B fans here :cheers)

Anyways, loving all these trades lately. It'll be interesting to see how Kovalchuk will do under Lemaire. I don't think the Devils would be the kind of team he'd sign with.

Anyways, loving all these trades lately. It'll be interesting to see how Kovalchuk will do under Lemaire. I don't think the Devils would be the kind of team he'd sign with.

I don't think he will sign with the Devils. The rumors say that he'll be offered $20m+/year in the KHL, tax free. As long as there's oil in them thar hills in Roosia, there's tax-free salaries to dangle.

not much I can say about my Bruins. Out play, out shoot, but they cant out score anyone.

not having a pure goal scorer really hurts.

Luongo was also pretty amazing too. What goes around comes around. The Canucks played Montreal a few days ago and were the better team but Halak stood on his head, today the Canucks were outplayed for 40 minutes but still managed to win. The B's will get theirs.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone see the hit Ovechkin put on Jagr?

It was beautiful. He flattened him in open ice, and the turnover led directly to a goal for Russia.

I'd post the video if the Olympic Committee didn't take it down already.

Speaking as a Caps fan, I think Ovechkin earned his $100 million for that hit alone.