Trust me, I have no luck in that area. I sometimes buy a ticket just for fun when the Mega Millions jackpot gets really huge, and more often than not my ticket doesn't have a single number from the winning set.

Maybe you should buy them at the ballpark.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Sox sign Vizquel and Andruw Jones? What the hell?

"The Chicago White Sox: Give us your tired, your poor fielders, your broken-down has-beens yearning to make a 25-man roster..."

They're signing those guys to be bench players--at about 1.7 million between them. Fine signings, I say. The numbers suggest that Vizquel was still a plus defender at three infield positions in 2008. Jones wasn't bad playing corner outfield spots either. They really need a starting corner outfielder and a DH, though. And a bullpen arm or two.

They're signing those guys to be bench players--at about 1.7 million between them. Fine signings, I say. The numbers suggest that Vizquel was still a plus defender at three infield positions in 2008. Jones wasn't bad playing corner outfield spots either. They really need a starting corner outfielder and a DH, though. And a bullpen arm or two.

Yeah, i don't see a problem with either of those signings.

Hell, Andruw might even be able to do a passable imitation of an average outfielder.

cakegif.gif

One minor league game I attended: The son of former major leaguer Barry Foote was playing, above-weight, shall we say, and was being razzed for his roundness the whole game. Come the eighth inning, he was pulled for a pinch runner about two seconds after the stadium announcer declared that all remaining hot dogs would be half-price. He received holy hell as he wobbled off the field. The crowd ate this all up, of course. It would have been more humorous to me if Barry Foote himself wasn't sitting a couple rows in front of me. :hmm

Story from MLB.COM about naked Grady Sizemore pics floating around the net:

Fifteen photos taken with a cell-phone camera depict Sizemore alone in front of a bathroom mirror. In some of them, he is fully clothed, and in others, he's wearing little to no clothing.

Sizemore told The Plain Dealer that the pictures were meant for his significant other. Major League Baseball and the Players Association were said to be investigating the matter on his behalf.

"These pictures were stolen illegally from my girlfriend's e-mail," Sizemore told The Plain Dealer on Sunday night. "It's now a legal matter that is under investigation. I can't say anything more."

What does Sizemore's GM think about naked Grady internet pics?

Indians general manager Mark Shapiro told the newspaper, "I have not seen the pictures, but I will look into it."

It seems that it's not just the ladies who go for Grady! :jerkit

Big three-way trade

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20091208&content_id=7774288&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

The D-backs, Tigers and Yankees reportedly agreed in principle Tuesday on a deal that would send Tigers center fielder Curtis Granderson to New York in the first major deal of this year's Winter Meetings.

In the seven-player trade, SI.com's John Heyman reported that the D-Backs would receive right-handers Edwin Jackson and Ian Kennedy from the Tigers and Yankees, respectively, while the Tigers would get pitchers Max Scherzer and Daniel Schlereth from Arizona and outfielder Austin Jackson and left-hander Phil Coke from New York.

Looking like Phils are going to get Halladay. This would conceivably put the Mets in a position where they would HAVE to sign somebody big (Holliday) but they will probably counter by signing Vlad Guerrero and resigning Delgado. FMT.

"After hearing of rumored Halladay to Phillies deal, sources confirm Omar Minaya has tendered Butch Huskey a 12-year, $438mm offer."

Looking like Phils are going to get Halladay. This would conceivably put the Mets in a position where they would HAVE to sign somebody big (Holliday) but they will probably counter by signing Vlad Guerrero and resigning Delgado. FMT.

As much as I've wanted Halladay to come to Philly, I'd rather he be added to Lee and not instead of Lee. I do not understand why Seattle wants to rent Cliff Lee for prospects. They have not much of a chance for a pennant run, nor much chance to re-sign him, but Philly did. Granted, it is a break even move for a pennant winner and most likely this deal doesn't get done without a Halladay extension; so at least they lock down an ace to anchor the rotation.

For a player to sign with the current Mets, he'd have to be an idiot. Jason Bay would better off back in Pittsburgh - or Pawtucket, than in Queens.