• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than likely the MFYs will win at least once in the next four years. The Steinbrenner curse. Since he was convicted of illegal donations to Richard Nixon in the early 70's the MFYs only win the World Series when a Democrat is in the White House. Check the years they won and you will see it is true.

That's as wacky as the Amero, though it did occur to me the other day that if the U.S. and Canada had the same currency, I would not have problems with getting Canadian money in my change.

Lee's behind-the-back grab last night was spectacular in that he made it look so ordinary. He pitched great, and the lineup was... great.

Phils in 5.

Lee's behind-the-back grab last night was spectacular in that he made it look so ordinary. He pitched great, and the lineup was... great.

Phils in 5.

He's a cocky little fucker, isn't he?

He's a cocky little fucker, isn't he?

Indeed.

He sure was last night - I loved every cocky second of it.

I did, too; begrudgingly. I saw that alot as a Twins fan. Hated it then. It's allright now.

I tried really hard to boycott the playoffs after the first round because my small-market feelings were hurt. I do hate the economics of baseball (an opinion that sends many people into a whirlwind of hate, for some odd reason. For that reason, I'd rather not debate it), but good baseball is good baseball and these first two WS games have been very, very good. Every time I think I'm out...

Manuel throwing Lee out there for the ninth looks like a really poor decision that may well cost the Phillies their best shot at the World Series. Brutal. Ridiculous. If I'm a Phillie fan I'd be enraged.

Manuel throwing Lee out there for the ninth looks like a really poor decision that may well cost the Phillies their best shot at the World Series. Brutal. Ridiculous. If I'm a Phillie fan I'd be enraged.

Fucking bullpens, man. They'll make you or break you. Every time.

I'm guessing you mean Lidge, right?

I can't blame Charlie or any of the pitchers. It's the offense that's come up small. All those three-run homers have become solo homers. Man on 2nd and 0 out and you get two straight popups. Meanwhile, the Yankees are doing all the little things and tacking on runs.

Shouldn't Rollins have at least started after Damon as Damon darted off for third? At least? I mean come on, it's the effing World Series.

The Yankees seem to want it more.

This is going to be a tough holiday season, dealing with my Yankee fan in-laws. :hmm

Shouldn't Rollins have at least started after Damon as Damon darted off for third? At least? I mean come on, it's the effing World Series.

It was Pedro Feliz who had the ball (because of the shift) and I think they both knew that Damon could outrun him. (But yes, it was a little weird that Feliz stopped after a couple of steps.)

Ah, nothing like the counting-your-chickens-before-they're-hatched faux pas:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Stinky-Inky-Curses-the-Phils-68572792.html

I'm guessing you mean Lidge, right?

I can't blame Charlie or any of the pitchers. It's the offense that's come up small. All those three-run homers have become solo homers. Man on 2nd and 0 out and you get two straight popups. Meanwhile, the Yankees are doing all the little things and tacking on runs.

I didn't make that clear at all. I actually meant Lee in game 1. He should have been out there to start 4. Lights out and series is tied. Thats just my take, I get the counter-argument and we'll never know anyway.

I didn't make that clear at all. I actually meant Lee in game 1. He should have been out there to start 4. Lights out and series is tied. Thats just my take, I get the counter-argument and we'll never know anyway.

I'm sure Charlie's hoping the bats come alive tonight, Phils get a nice lead and Lee's pitch count stays low. If it goes 7, Lee's the first guy out of the pen. Really Pedro and Blanton didn't get rocked, and you have to give Hamels a shot. But it's been the offense that's killed the Phils, a lot of missed opportunities. Last year they left 45 runners on in 5 WS games, but the Rays did not make they pay. The Yanks ain't the Rays.