New Drive-By Truckers

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been playing the new DBT a lot. It keeps getting better & better. Hopefully they will have cds at the rock show tonight as I've been playing a low bit rate download. If not, I'll go buy it tomorrow. The band is really tight & the lyrics are incredible. I'm hoping this record will get them a much deserved bigger audience.

^^ She is.  Amanda just played a show in Chicago and had all the gear stolen from her van during the show.

That has happened to more musician friends than I can remember.  One friend had a Martin acoustic stolen in the time he put it in the van to go back to the stage to get more stuff.  So awful!!

I've been playing the new DBT a lot. It keeps getting better & better. Hopefully they will have cds at the rock show tonight as I've been playing a low bit rate download. If not, I'll go buy it tomorrow. The band is really tight & the lyrics are incredible. I'm hoping this record will get them a much deserved bigger audience.

More audience and a bit of controversy.  A good mix as far as I'm concerned.  Have a good show!

Hey, chuckrh, how was the show?

Hey, chuckrh, how was the show?

i am recovering now. didnt get home until 2AM & i got walking pneumonia. luckily i had the foresight to take today off. they were unbelievably good! this was my 1st electric show & they exceeded high expectations. 1st, lydia loveless was a perfect opener. excellent 45 minute set. great band & she has a great voice. sort of reminds me of miley cyrus in a way (i like miley, don't hate on me!). dbt came on about 9:45 & played until 12:30. 31 songs with no break, they did away with the encore ritual. set list below. the band seemed really into it & enjoying themselves. really nice spread of songs & the new stuff was phenomenal. go if you get a chance. 

Filthy and Fried

Two Daughters and a Beautiful Wife

Where the Devil Don't Stay

Darkened Flags on the Cusp of Dawn

Surrender Under Protest 

Sinkhole 

Uncle Frank

Ever South

3 Dimes Down

That Man I Shot

Ramon Casiano

Sun Don't Shine

First Air of Autumn

What It Means

Birthday Boy

The Righteous Path

Women Without Whiskey

Baggage 

Zip City

A World of Hurt

Gravity's Gone

The Company I Keep

Marry Me

Lookout Mountain

Once They Banned Imagine

Let There Be Rock

Kinky Hypocrite 

The Bitch is Back

Shut Up and Get on the Plane

Hell No, I Ain't Happy-->

Sign O' the Times-->

Hell No, I Ain't Happy

Really love this dude...

"I'll stand here with my southern accent and say, 'Fuck you, Donald Trump. You do not speak for me. You do not speak for my family. You do not speak for my values. You do not speak for my vision of what this country could and should be.'"

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a49069/patterson-hood-interview-drive-by-truckers-american-band/

Really love this dude...

"I'll stand here with my southern accent and say, 'Fuck you, Donald Trump. You do not speak for me. You do not speak for my family. You do not speak for my values. You do not speak for my vision of what this country could and should be.'"

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/music/a49069/patterson-hood-interview-drive-by-truckers-american-band/

I'm with you.  I'm roughly the same vintage as him & we think a lot of stuff in similar way. It's becoming lost in our brainwashed/braindead society. Proud to be a long time DBT fan. I'm listening to the new record again right now. It's an amazing work.

Really love this dude...

Love these guys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if racism becomes a non-issue, i'm ok w/ the lp becoming less relevant.

racism & the gun madness engulfing this country! go ahead & talk about the 2nd amendment. maybe we can go back to crapping in outhouses & chamber pots  whilst waiting for the redcoats to come. i'll shut up now. pretty passionate about the subjects on the record.

Glad to see they're kicking off a show with Filthy & Fried...that one stood out to me immediately as a favorite. Love Kinky Hypocrite, too. Kinda bummed that Shit Shots Count and Primer Coat both dropped out of the set list, though. Still, looking forward to seeing them next month.

Glad to see they're kicking off a show with Filthy & Fried...that one stood out to me immediately as a favorite. Love Kinky Hypocrite, too. Kinda bummed that Shit Shots Count and Primer Coat both dropped out of the set list, though. Still, looking forward to seeing them next month.

They change the setlist every night at least some. I know Shit Shots has been played recently for sure. 

Really love this dude...

Butthead: Huh huh huh. He said 'fuck you' to Trump'.

Bevis: He he yeah. Patterson's cool.

From NPR - "In this concert, filmed at OPB in Portland, Ore., the long-running rock band Drive-By Truckers performs its timely and politically charged new record, American Band, in its entirety."

http://www.npr.org/event/music/496689769/first-listen-live-drive-by-truckers-american-band?utm_campaign=storyshare&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social