Favorite Live Wilco Song

I haven't seen Wilco on this tour, but recently SBS and AGIB tour, I really like this lineup's version of Pot Kettle Black. Jay Bennet era Wilco doing Passenger Side was awesome.

I agree, Pot Kettle Black has definitely been a recent highlight.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Via Chicago for me. There's nothing quite like Jeff smoothly strumming along while the rest of the band does a sonic interpretation of WW3. They kicked off one of the LA shows with it, and I couldn't have been happier.

Dark and creepy - Radio Cure

Last summer on our family Wilco sojourn we were in Pomona and the first six songs were all repeats from El Paso and Tucson, great tunes but I was kind of ho-hum, then they played Radio Cure and I turned to my wife and said this song is really creepy. The show exploded after that tune, there was no looking back, ever since I really love live renditions of that song.

Leroy Bach era: How To Fight Loneliness into Not For The Season or the Poor Places/Reservations/I Am Trying To Break Your Heart/War On War combo they'd do. With this lineup I'd say either Ashes or In a Future Age.

--Mike

I've only been to three shows, but I will say "Misunderstood" got me everytime.

I am always uncomfortable at the inherent anger in "Misunderstood". I never could tell if his anger was at Jay, the fans who wouldn't accept the growth in the band, the record company of somebody/something else. "I'd like to thank you all for nothing (x30 or 40)" is a little uncomfortable. Is Jeff still REALLY pissed? And if so, who is he pissed at?

Guest Speed Racer

Is Jeff still REALLY pissed? And if so, who is he pissed at?

For real? Do you think he's actually lonely every time he sings "How to Fight Loneliness?" Does he really think he and Feist can take all the good with the bad, and make something no one else has? He's performing on stage, and part of that performance is screaming a few dozen "nothings" a night. Everybody loves a good scream, especially when they get paid to do it and people applaud at the end. Hell, I'd scream for twenty minutes with a guarantee like that.

As for the song, well, everyone loves of a good angst-fest every once and a while. I doubt many people on this board have gone without playing that one on repeat at one point or another in their lives.

For real? Do you think he's actually lonely every time he sings "How to Fight Loneliness?" Does he really think he and Feist can take all the good with the bad, and make something no one else has? He's performing on stage, and part of that performance is screaming a few dozen "nothings" a night. Everybody loves a good scream, especially when they get paid to do it and people applaud at the end. Hell, I'd scream for twenty minutes with a guarantee like that.

As for the song, well, everyone loves of a good angst-fest every once and a while. I doubt many people on this board have gone without playing that one on repeat at one point or another in their lives.

Eh...maybe.

I guess Jeff sells it so well that I am projecting that he is really pissed. And "Misunderstood" is much more immediate and direct than "How to Fight Loneliness?"

Guest Speed Racer

Abso-friggin-lutely. Whenever I listen to one of the Fillmore shows from July 2000 and this gets busted out, the volume on the stereo goes up another notch.

Those shows are AWESOME. I love the Seattle DVD from July 27, 2000, too.