Favorite Live Wilco Song

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this topic has been covered before.........

Just kidding!

right now I'm really enjoying... I'll Fight

other days.... Not For The Season -> How to Fight loneliness

Some days.... You Are My Face

Handshake Drugs

This is the cornerstone of every Wilco show as far as I am concerned. However, Hate it Here has really snuck on me the last couple of shows.

But Handshake Drugs it is...

And it was f'in incredible the other night in Dallas

...yeah, from what I could tell. I had a guy pass out right in front of me during the song and it was a BIT distracting.

I love Poor Places. Just a total mind-blowing blast of sound. I certainly loved the version at Auditorium Theatre a few years back in chicago when they had the giant video screen behind them. THe images really enhanced the song.

That's the one for me. Everytime I've heard it live it was AWESOME.

...yeah, from what I could tell. I had a guy pass out right in front of me during the song and it was a BIT distracting.

so that was the culprit the EMS guy was looking for? Haha thanks to him, Tweedy bartered with a crowd member sportin' the golden lame. Awesome.

oh yeah favorite live song...hmmmmm....I always request Forget the Flowers because I fancy that song a lot, but from what I've experienced, I'm gonna choose ...

Handshake Drugs and Cars Can't Escape (played it in Dallas woooohoooo)

You are My Face

I'm not much of a sing-along guy but it just gets me the entire audience joins in on: I have no idea how this happens...

This. At one of the residency shows, the atmosphere was so... communal (for lack of the right word) that I actually let a stranger hug me after this song. (By "let," I mean "did not punch him after he touched me.")

so that was the culprit the EMS guy was looking for? Haha thanks to him, Tweedy bartered with a crowd member sportin' the golden lame. Awesome.

oh yeah favorite live song...hmmmmm....I always request Forget the Flowers because I fancy that song a lot, but from what I've experienced, I'm gonna choose ...

Handshake Drugs and Cars Can't Escape (played it in Dallas woooohoooo)

I do love Forget the Flowers live...

This is like picking your favorite child, I think this thread should be banned, it's making my head hurt and I dont think I'm alone. I have two beautiful kids but if I had to pick one it would probably be Via Chicago.

That is a pretty weird name for a kid.

And add my vote for Handshake Drugs as my favorite live song, with Spiders a close second.