Favorite Live Wilco Song

Via Chicago for me. There's nothing quite like Jeff smoothly strumming along while the rest of the band does a sonic interpretation of WW3. They kicked off one of the LA shows with it, and I couldn't have been happier.

My favorite song live, but not really as an opener. They did that at one show I was at, and it wasn't as good as hearing it a little later. I needed a little time to get ready for it, frankly.

no love for Airline? - they should open every show with that one like the did in 2000

Definitely one of my favorites (and a great opener). Not quite my #1 tho.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not a great live Wilco song, is it? I still think it's better left for solo shows.

:blink

Ashes Of American Flags has always been excellent and Bull Black Nova sounds awesome live, especially if you can actually feel the tug between Pat and Nels.

Guest Runaway Jim

no love for Airline? - they should open every show with that one like the did in 2000

Airline might be my 2nd favorite song they do live. I just think a Handshake Drugs is the pinnacle of a Wilco show when played. Everytime.

I kinda forgot this...but all during the wait to get into the Palladium and during the encore break, D-man was telling me how he hoped they would play "The Late Greats".

And what do you know...First song, Second Encore. He was singing along at the top of his lungs and digging the moment as only a 15-year old can.

It was a moment in time where I could remember the first flush of love for music.

Good Times for all.

:blink

Ashes Of American Flags has always been excellent and Bull Black Nova sounds awesome live, especially if you can actually feel the tug between Pat and Nels.

I was referring to Cars Can't Escape.

Handshake Drugs, probably.

Poor Places -> Spiders

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Via Chicago

Misunderstood

Typical choices, all. One I've never heard live (I don't think), but would love to hear: "We're Just Friends."

i heard that song--"we're just friends"--live in 1999 in NYC. it was awesome. jeff just sang without playing guitar, and it was super-powerful. a cherished wilco memory . . .

Handshake Drugs, probably.

Poor Places -> Spiders

I Am Trying to Break Your Heart

Via Chicago

Misunderstood

Typical choices, all. One I've never heard live (I don't think), but would love to hear: "We're Just Friends."

Guest Speed Racer

i heard that song--"we're just friends"--live in 1999 in NYC. it was awesome. jeff just sang without playing guitar, and it was super-powerful. a cherished wilco memory . . .

I love the 1999 live performances of this song I have in my collection.

Also wanted to say that I always read your screen name, "learnarooster"

I like to see BBN as a new favorite among many posts...I always gear for Kingpin, partly because it's the only time Nels pulls out a Gibson (I may be wrong)...plus it has some fun crowd participation. Also, any Pat on guitar songs...Walken, Monday...etc.

I enjoy "Not for the Season" a lot. But "At Least That's What You've Said" is up there.

The early live versions of "I'm a Wheel" were really solid.

Also like "Kingpin" a lot, "Misunderstood" is always up there, "Poor Places" is groovy, can always get into "Radio Cure"..."Spiders"...