Wilco on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson January 28

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll hold out hope for Wilco to play on Fallon, despite my hating him, so that they can do a giant performance with the Roots.

:w00t

The possibilities...!

Trying to think of a common denominator band to cover ... War? Sly Stone? Zeppelin? The Stones?

The possibilities...!

Trying to think of a common denominator band to cover ... War? Sly Stone? Zeppelin? The Stones?

In all seriousness, if they teamed up with the Roots, I'd want them to bust out something incredible. Not a Wilco song. Something where everyone involved can show off. Between those two bands you have two of the very best at just about every instrument. Imagine the drumming....

When I saw the Roots, they played snippets of Zeppelin, GnR, Parliament, Prince, and all sorts of good stuff. Given all I've read about ?uestlove's music fandom, they can find common ground with just about anyone. This is all pointless dreaming, of course, since it likely won't happen. But imagine Wilco and the Roots jamming out (in 4-5 minutes, of course) on some funk song. Not really a genre Wilco touches that often. Could be neat. Could also be a trainwreck.

The possibilities...!

"Why Can't We Be Friends" would slay in its awesomeness. Holy shit.

• 3 weeks later...

Wilco on with Craig Ferguson...doesn't get any better than that my fine feathered friends

You know, I watched Craig Ferguson the other night, and I have to say that guy is F'ing insane. I mean just plain crazy. His entire monologue was on Mythbusters. Yeah it was Mythbuster's night or something, but the whole monologue? It wasn't as much funny as it was just bat shit crazy.

You know, I watched Craig Ferguson the other night, and I have to say that guy is F'ing insane. I mean just plain crazy. His entire monologue was on Mythbusters. Yeah it was Mythbuster's night or something, but the whole monologue? It wasn't as much funny as it was just bat shit crazy.

heh heh heh...You should have seen the show that was done totally by the croc puppet.

For those out in Los Angeles who are looking to attend the taping here is some info:

Late Late Show Tickets

You'll notice on that link that Wilco is not listed, but they were there about a week or so ago as being on the 3p.m. taping at CBS Television City in Los Angeles on this Thursday the 28th.

(I attended a taping for Ferguson in 06 and I also ended up seeing Craig Kilborn before he left in Dec 03.)

We get to sit through Rosie O'Donnell to get to Wilco. :dontgetit

Amongst all the hubbub about Leno and Connan, we're overlooking Ferguson, who - when he takes Dave's spot in a few years, will end up as the late night king.

Lets start guessing which song it will be....my guess is....One Wing or I'll Fight.

Usually when they appear between albums, they play a new song. So I predict a new song.

For those out in Los Angeles who are looking to attend the taping here is some info:

Late Late Show Tickets

You'll notice on that link that Wilco is not listed, but they were there about a week or so ago as being on the 3p.m. taping at CBS Television City in Los Angeles on this Thursday the 28th.

(I attended a taping for Ferguson in 06 and I also ended up seeing Craig Kilborn before he left in Dec 03.)

We get to sit through Rosie O'Donnell to get to Wilco. :dontgetit

it doesn't allow me to select a date before Feb 8th... :( does that mean they're sold out? grrr...

Thanks for posting this

btw looking over the discounted dvd's at Barnes and Noble when a came upon a 80's romantic comedy starring none other than a 20 ish Craig Ferguson

Missed that one never knew he had acted...

Brilliant show most of the times I have watched >>>fighting sleep as I will do for WILCO!

Thanks for posting this

btw looking over the discounted dvd's at Barnes and Noble when a came upon a 80's romantic comedy starring none other than a 20 ish Craig Ferguson

Missed that one never knew he had acted...

Brilliant show most of the times I have watched >>>fighting sleep as I will do for WILCO!

Dream Baby