wilco the album

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't this really a joke? It sounds so fun! Two questions just come to my mind:

1. Panther, how did you come up with the idea in the first place?

2. Without a vinyl copy here... Any way of speeding up the sound on a CD player?

2. Without a vinyl copy here... Any way of speeding up the sound on a CD player?

Panther is older than 20. This was quite common when I was young. Ever hear "They're coming to take me away" at 45 or 72? Sublime.

Panther is older than 20. This was quite common when I was young. Ever hear "They're coming to take me away" at 45 or 72? Sublime.

Yeah, I didn't mean that (I'm older than 30), so I've also done that in the past! Unfortunately there hasn't been a record (vinyl) player at home for ages... ;o) I was just curious to know what made him try with Wilco!! They JUST sound perfect at normal speed...

So doing this also turns Tweedy into a wizard?

AWESOME

No in order for that to work you need some LSD and SPIDERS cranked at full volume. I've seen it happen :pirate

No in order for that to work you need some LSD and SPIDERS cranked at full volume. I've seen it happen :pirate

Oh, man. I can only imagine.

just gave it a go is all........ im very genuine with my opinion on this , no chance with a cd as far as i know.

This Is the craziest thing ever. I have actually done this. And "country disappeared" was phenom at fast speed. I totally agree. It gives new light to the melodies

they should realyyyy try laying down tracks like that , they got pop majesty in them

It's such a crappy album I can't imagine 45 RPM could help. It's the worst Wilco album ever and it doesn't even have a close 2nd!

Even though I believe all of these statements to be true, I've been listening to it recently (after not touching it after a few spins upon release), and I've realized it's not as horrible as I first thought. For Wilco it's not great. I've changed my opinion from bad to : "Nice. Not thrilling, but nice."

72? :huh

When I was a kid my family had a record player that played at 16 rpm. I wouldn't want to play WTA on 16.

I used to work in a restaurant that a membership deal with some sort of muzak-esque company. They provided the restaurant with a cassette player that played their cassettes at super slow speed, allowing their cassettes to hold several hours of music. One night after the boss went home and it was almost closing time, we switched out the special muzak cassette with a normal-speed cassette of Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica. We were overwhelmed with customer complaints before the captain even finished his first vocal phrase.

Panther is older than 20. This was quite common when I was young. Ever hear "They're coming to take me away" at 45 or 7278? Sublime.

Fixed it for ya