Super Bowl Halftime

I apologize for choice of words. Instead:

PrinceSuperBowl41.jpegi-love-lucy-lucille-ball.jpg

I believe that is a type/style of Do-rag worn by black males in the 1940s. Prince has always dressed up in some sort of costume (for lack of a better term). You don't expect him to come out and jam in a T-Shirt and jeans, do you?

I think it may have come out of the Zoot Suit culture. I am not sure. What Lucy has on is a ladies scarf.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that is a type/style of Do-rag worn by black males in the 1940s. Prince has always dressed up in some sort of costume (for lack of a better term). You don't expect him to come out and jam in a T-Shirt and jeans, do you?

I think it may have come out of the Zoot Suit culture. I am not sure. What Lucy has on is a ladies scarf.

Pah-TAY-toh, Pah-TAH-toe. Let's call the whole thing off.

A man who changes his name to a cross between the male symbol and an ampersand should never be confused as being flaky.

That album kicks ass. PJ has a bit of giddy-up that CH lacks anymore.

I've been pondering this for a couple of days...CH?

I've been pondering this for a couple of days...CH?

Crazy Horse, yes.

Crazy Horse, yes.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH...how stupid of me...of course. I didn't make the PJ and Neil connection even thought it was mentioned earlier. And I even missed the 'giddy up' pun.

Sadly, I don't think Neil and PJ or Ch will be an option. I'm afraid that mass appeal bands that actually have merit are becoming a rare commodity.

• 10 months later...

black eyed peas have a much bigger following than i thought when i saw them open for U2 a year or so ago. i never paid much attention to them, except seeing where fergie peed her pants onstage once, and i thought they'd get a lukewarm reception opening for one of the biggest bands in the world, but that whole stadium went nuts for them. oddly disconcernting...