Super Bowl Halftime

After this year's halftime show with The Who, I think it's time to put J. Jackson's nipple in the past and modernize the halftime entertainment. I enjoyed Petty, B. Spring, P. Mac and the Stones (well, no, they sounded terrible) but can the SB continually dip into that well?

Next year's halftime performance/entertainment...ideas?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those in the know have told me that SB-XLV's Bridgestone Halftime show will be a tribute to Alt-Country starring Uncle Tupelo/Son Volt/Wilco!

Edited to add that the Lions and Browns will be facing off in the game . . . otherwise, the tribute to Alt-Country is cancelled.

Beastie Boys. Sure Shot + So What'Cha Want + Sabotage = no need for the game's second half.

The Super Bowl would have to be awarded to the Beastie Boys, not, say, the Patriots, if they were there then.

Iggy Pop doing the Super Bowl would be CRAZY. Especially with the Stooges. I Wanna Be Your Dog -> Lust For Life (gotta get some solo Iggy in there) -> Search and Destroy.

I'm pretty sure the stadium would have to blow up after Iggy Pop "Search & Destroy"'d the stadium. Only sensible conclusion, right?

This story is a little weird. According to the Palm Beach Post, homes and schools close to Dolphins Stadium are receiving “sex offender advisory” postcards this week warning residents to watch out for The Who’s Pete Townshend.

Where the hell did they get the Townshend pic from? Looks like he's driving a hatchback.

Where the hell did they get the Townshend pic from? Looks like he's driving a hatchback.

That is from some video footage he had posted on his old blog. There was an earlier story about the group trying to keep him from doing the show. My hat is off to them, but they are spending time on the wrong deal.

He was investigated thoroughly and found not to have downloaded anything. They actually took every computer he owned, and other equipment from his house. He was, however, put on a sex offenders list for five years.

I believe he did just what he said he did - he stupidly went onto a site to find out some things. I think if he really was into such things, they would have busted him after their investigation.

It's a shame that he did not think about what he was doing. His blog was quite open before that all went down. I even talked to him a time or two myself.