Roger Waters to tour The Wall

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 10/12 & 11/3 shows are listed on Ticket Bastard. Presale begins on 5/3.

Prices are $55 to $250. Kinda in the expected ballpark. These are NY area dates so hopefully other cities will be a little less.

Geralde Scarfe is on board creating new projection content right now. Waters will be using a real wall, 240 feet wide and 35 feet high. The bricks will be assembled in the first half, then blown apart at the end. Rumor has it the projections will be in 3D.

If you see any performance this year, this is the one. There is no question about that. Waters is the greatest live rock pioneer of all time, and he's going out with a bang. His last tour was incredible, and this one will top it.

Hell yes.

http://www.rogerwaters.com/

• 5 weeks later...

Got tix for opening 3 night stand in Toronto and the Buffalo show. Toronto prices were ridiculous, a friend called me all excited because he got 8th row floors through some Amex VIP presale and earmarked one for me, at $500 I had to decline - yeah there's nice stuff that comes with it (exclusive poster, t-shirt, program, laminated ticket, as yet undetermined souvenir) but short of Jerry, Jimi or Buddy Holly coming back from the dead I ain't paying $500 to see ANYONE. Well, maybe that Led Zep 02 Arena thing would have been worth it. Maybe.

The rogerwaters.com presale was horrible, at $250 a pop you HAD to but a pair, not 1, not 3, just a pair, and you couldn't find out where your seats were until weeks later. Fuck that. So I got "cheap" seats for the first 2 nights in Toronto through the regular TM onsale, $100 each for upper level but I got 1st row up there both nights so not too shabby, as good as it gets as far as cheap seats go. Went mid price for 3rd Toronto, $150 for lower level seating towards the back. Buffalo prime seats were $50 less so I pushed the boat out and got a 2nd row lower level 2 sections from the stage, always have a great time with the good people of Buffalo so I figured it was worth splurging for that one.

In the end I'm doing 4 shows for more or less what my buddy is paying for 1 in the VIP scam, yeah it would be nice to be that close but if ever a show was vast enough that it didn't matter so much, The Wall is it. Really unhappy with the disgusting ticket prices this tour but I've seen Roger about a dozen times since the Pros & Cons tour and he's one of the few that can move me to tears in a concert, I'm looking forward to the shows and feeling pretty good about the decisions I made on tickets. Still might end up in Cleveland, Auburn Hills and Ottawa too.

Let's hope GE Smith isn't too much of a distraction, good musician but his mugging was serioulsly annoying when he used to play with Dylan.

Just got home a while ago from 17th of 19 straight nights at work trying to stay on top of paying for all this, when and why did having fun and enjoying music get so freaking expensive?

official platinum seats @ the boston show:

FLOORB 1 13 - 14 2 US $1,476.33

hey roger, i want to see a concert, not fly to australia.

YUP $1700 for MSG

Im so turned off by the prices.

Can you say money grab?

I love Waters and his tours when he had new material were great (especially pros and cons with clapton).

But this is starting to feel more like a broadway play than a concert.

YUP $1700 for MSG

Can you say money grab?

I love Waters and his tours when he had new material were great (especially pros and cons with clapton).

That is an obcene amount of money for a gig. I'm sure it is expensive to put this type of show on but that is excessive.

"Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash"

that's a strong reason to head to the cheap seats. that guy is super annoying.

It is really crazy on what the prices are for these tickets $750 VIP (I could have pulled 3 row center)..$450 2nd Teir (I could have pulled best side section row 3)....I will end up paying $225 for decent lowers....got bless him...plus he added show in Ft. Lauderdale so they must be selling.

Really all the "old acts" are pigging out now...Neil Young, Rush, James Taylor, Who,...A real shame.

It is a real shame. At least some of those are still putting out new music though. Roger is just performing a thirty year old album. The only old boy out there with his integrity fully intact, in my opinion, is Tom Waits. Still at the top of his game and putting out material as good as anything in his career. His shows are expensive but they are fresh and are not just an excuse to peddle old material. Hell, his recent live record had no songs on it pre-1985.

p.s: The Wall is still a great album and I'm sure it will be a good show. I'd just rather feed the family for a month or pay for a holiday!!

Really all the "old acts" are pigging out now...Neil Young, Rush, James Taylor, Who,...A real shame.

well put

at least those guys are up there singing and playing their hearts out

not sure the same can be said of roger waters at this point in his career

YUP $1700 for MSG

Can you say money grab?

I won't argue that some of these prices for the front 10 rows are crazy but we all know the alternative is that these tix end up in the hands of brokers and go for obscene prices anyway. At least this way you would think the artist gets some of it.

I personally don't think it's a money grab when you look at comps in the industry. When I saw Wilco open for Neil Young in 2008 at the spectrum, the good seats were $225. Now I like Neil and all but that show was basically 4 old men standing still and playing 3 chords. This Wall tour is going to be on a level probably never seen in rock concerts, I agree it's more Broadway than a concert but that's ok. I think I heard 18 tractor trailers to transport and 100 stage hands per night. There is obviously a cost to that on top of the cost to develop the show.

Also, I think they got the market correct with these prices, I was actually shocked they added a 3rd philly show. That shows that while we're all bitching and moaning, we're also paying and demand is there. And like was pointed out before, this is one show where you don't need to be next to the stage, being farther back will actually give a better perspective and you don't need to pay top dollar. I'm just glad this isn't Pink Floyd. As much as I'd like to see it, now we're talking $350 -$400 a ticket with much higher demand. I was listening to a RW Dark Side '07 boot last night and while Kilminster is no Gilmour, he's pretty good.

I won't argue that some of these prices for the front 10 rows are crazy but we all know the alternative is that these tix end up in the hands of brokers and go for obscene prices anyway. At least this way you would think the artist gets some of it.

I personally don't think it's a money grab when you look at comps in the industry. When I saw Wilco open for Neil Young in 2008 at the spectrum, the good seats were $225. Now I like Neil and all but that show was basically 4 old men standing still and playing 3 chords. This Wall tour is going to be on a level probably never seen in rock concerts, I agree it's more Broadway than a concert but that's ok. I think I heard 18 tractor trailers to transport and 100 stage hands per night. There is obviously a cost to that on top of the cost to develop the show.

Also, I think they got the market correct with these prices, I was actually shocked they added a 3rd philly show. That shows that while we're all bitching and moaning, we're also paying and demand is there. And like was pointed out before, this is one show where you don't need to be next to the stage, being farther back will actually give a better perspective and you don't need to pay top dollar. I'm just glad this isn't Pink Floyd. As much as I'd like to see it, now we're talking $350 -$400 a ticket with much higher demand. I was listening to a RW Dark Side '07 boot last night and while Kilminster is no Gilmour, he's pretty good.

no question they know the market

40-55 years old with hefty bank accounts

Im not surprised its still selling, the prices are carefully calculated to sell at the same price as the secondary market-i.e. stubhubis prices-this is what is turning me off- its the beginning of unaffordable tickets so that LN/TM can capture the profits being made by resellers. I hope nobody buys the 1700, 900 and 500 tickets and they are empty for the show.

end rant

Im sure it will be an entertaining spectacle. I wonder if he has any of the original props from the 1980 tour.

no question they know the market

40-55 years old with hefty bank accounts

Im not surprised its still selling, the prices are carefully calculated to sell at the same price as the secondary market-i.e. stubhubis prices-this is what is turning me off- its the beginning of unaffordable tickets so that LN/TM can capture the profits being made by resellers. I hope nobody buys the 1700, 900 and 500 tickets and they are empty for the show.

end rant

Im sure it will be an entertaining spectacle. I wonder if he has any of the original props from the 1980 tour.

I'm 1/2 of your demo, 41 but I wouldn't call my bank account hefty :-)

I don't think any of this is from 80-81, he has scarfe doing new animation and puppets and I believe the old Wall was only half the length of the new one and got wet sitting in a warehouse (seriously.)

The wall is definitely new, the new technology has made it much lighter than the old one, and much safer (from what I read).

I got my tickets for $65 after fees. Granted I'm going to be in the Sherpa section but I figure with the video monitors and props and everything it will be fine. I saw Roger a few years ago from the cheap seats and it was awesome. The pig floated right on over to us.

The difference between Waters and the Who, Stones, etc is he engineered Pink Floyd to age gracefully like bluesman, rather than old rock stars who can no longer prance on stage. Waters never defined "a face" of the band. It was always high-level album art, the music itself and tension-tweaking pioneering live spectacles. There was no Jagger or Townshend winging around on stage. This allows Waters to still perform the music at a very high level. He still has it in spades. Ask the Coachella people who saw the greatest performance in that festival's history a couple years back.

That is an obcene amount of money for a gig. I'm sure it is expensive to put this type of show on but that is excessive.

"Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash"

Ticket prices for the tour ar $55, $75, $125 and $250. And for those prices you are getting a rock spectacle the likes you have never seen. A ton of things are going into this show including the construction of a 240 foot long Wall during the performance, the subsequent knocking down of tha Wall, the largest PA quad system(which Waters invented)ever taken on tour, lasers, projected 3D images(yes, you read that right), numerous inflatables and other surprises.

We couldn't get tickets through ticketmaster or the box office - so ended up doing the presale of $295 for one pair of tickets at Staples Center. The seats are in the 1st section behind the floor and center. For $150 bucks a pop (basically), I'm pretty pleased. I had to pay $130 for secondhand tickets to see Radiohead at the Hollywood Bowl in 2008 and the seats for that weren't near as good as these.

Many thanks to the replies from my earlier post of others seeing the show first! I'm excited to hear what you think.

Personally - I'm stoked for this show. It's gonna be awesome - even if the music is 30 years old, that's pretty much why I want to go. Yes, it's a shame that we have to pay so much to go to these shows and the ticket buying process has become just criminal - but I love music and I love to see awesome live shows and to me it feels more worth it to spend $150 to see Water's do The Wall than it is to pay $150 for just about anything else. Except maybe if I was using that money to see Wilco again.