Roger Waters to tour The Wall

i'm going downtown to try to get a ticket outside next thursday in atlanta. we'll see. i usually have pretty good luck with that. i wonder if it's sold out. ironically, i've been listening to the Final Cut the last few weeks. i'd like to hear him tour that one. btw, didn't know there was an extra tune inserted on Final Cut with the 2001 remaster. When Tigers Broke Free. i only had passing familiarity with the original version. was this a big issue for floyd fans?

He did a few final cut songs when I saw him last year for the Dark side of the moon tour. I'm pretty sure "When the tigers broke free" was in the Wall movie but I think it fits better on The final cut. Would have been nice if it was on the vinyl I bought the day it came out but I do have it on 45 of all things.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from what Ive heard, its not hard to score a ticket outside, at least up here in NY/NJ

I love the final cut, Id love to hear that one as well.

Ive been watching songs from the original wall show on you tube.

the videos index one after the other-VERY COOL

god dammit i love floyd! that vid is so cool.

yeah, i'm not feeling the ticket thing. we'll see. i'm def going down. the buzz will be cool:)

from what Ive heard, its not hard to score a ticket outside, at least up here in NY/NJ

I love the final cut, Id love to hear that one as well.

Ive been watching songs from the original wall show on you tube.

the videos index one after the other-VERY COOL

okay, so i'm an idiot. there was a second band during the initial wall tour, right. is this band actually playing the intro? if so, they're damn good.

i'm still confused...so the surrogate band only played in the flesh? they sound exactly like floyd. of course, waters is singing.

I think so - but I am not a PF expert. Besides Dark Side of The Moon, and the Pompeii film, I don't really care for Pink Floyd. Maybe someone else will chime in with a better answer.

i'm still confused...so the surrogate band only played in the flesh? they sound exactly like floyd. of course, waters is singing.

Im not positive, but I think it is the back up players wearing masks for the first song. Not sure if they did that every night.

wiki " pink floyd the wall tour"

some of the vids are great, although I think some of the audio is not original to the video. As you watch it, you realize what a shame it is that Gilmour and Waters stopped playing music together. Check out the young lust:

i'm going downtown to try to get a ticket outside next thursday in atlanta. we'll see. i usually have pretty good luck with that. i wonder if it's sold out.

I've seen a couple tickets pop up on TM, but in general it's been sold out for a while.

I decided to make the "once in a lifetime" experience a "twice in a lifetime", so I will be there.

Can you recommend a place nearby to grab something to eat, and also some tips on parking? I'm not at all familiar with the area.

Great review Mr. Heartbreak. Just saw the show tonight myself and was blown away. Like you said, the Bring the Boys back home part was quite moving and put a lump in my throat. That album has been a big part of my life and it's great to see how well it holds up musically as well as the message. I couldn't help thinking how lucky I was to have seen it as it just feels like an absolute artistic triumph. Rock Music as theater can be a delicate balance but I think he pulled it off very well.

Holy Crap! Saw the show at Staples Center last night. I'm really glad I made sure to get tickets to this as soon as I heard about it and it blew my mind more than I could have even imagined. Upon the advice of a friend, I didn't really seek out any info about the updates to the show/story or whatever. I was glad to be surprised with every turn the show took - all the way to the sweet folksy ending. Roger's voice is sounding pretty f'n good these days. During The Trial, I kept having to scan back and forth between watching the animations and watching Roger do the voices and act out the parts in front of the wall. It was quite an amazing performance. My favorite moment was probably Run Like Hell. All around awesome.

The whole thing was just ridiculous and great. It felt really fresh and relevant. More like Roger had something he really wanted to say, than like he was trying to make a bunch of cash. I dug it.

Holy Crap! Saw the show at Staples Center last night. I'm really glad I made sure to get tickets to this as soon as I heard about it and it blew my mind more than I could have even imagined. Upon the advice of a friend, I didn't really seek out any info about the updates to the show/story or whatever. I was glad to be surprised with every turn the show took - all the way to the sweet folksy ending. Roger's voice is sounding pretty f'n good these days. During The Trial, I kept having to scan back and forth between watching the animations and watching Roger do the voices and act out the parts in front of the wall. It was quite an amazing performance. My favorite moment was probably Run Like Hell. All around awesome.

The whole thing was just ridiculous and great. It felt really fresh and relevant. More like Roger had something he really wanted to say, than like he was trying to make a bunch of cash. I dug it.

Not to sound like a D&*^ but. The reason his voice sounded so good is that it is "tracked heavily" and if he was not trying to make a bunch of cash he would not have average ticket price of like $150-$200.

That being said I did think the show was awesome and I am sure it costs big $$$ to put a production like that on but don't kid yourself this is a money grub and he is on auto pilot night after night. The show clocks in to almost the exact timing every night.

I repect your viewpoint on this but I came away feeling a bit different about it.

I didn't see it as a money grub any more than any other band that gets out and plays music for money, and I doubt Roger is really in need of much more money. My ticket was something like $65. With that huge production you were getting an awful lot for your money. He also seemed to be really into the show I was at, maybe it was good acting on his part but I don't care, it was a mind blowing show. As far as the show clocking in the same, I think that's to be expected with all the video, wall building, etc... has to be pretty in sync the whole way. I suppose he could have come out and done a little "Wish you were here" or something after it was over but that would have seemed silly. To me it was a theatrical performance. You don't go see a production of Hamlet and hope they do a little King Lear at the end.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2010/12/02/131753962/worst-pink-floyd-cover-ever

Worst Pink Floyd cover ever? (from All Songs Considered)

http://www.npr.org/blogs/allsongs/2010/12/02/131753962/worst-pink-floyd-cover-ever

it's like those guys have never ever played an instrument before in their lives until they went on stage.

okay so here is a quote from npr's review of the video...

"The combination of vocals, timing, out-of-tune and off key guitar solos, and general apathy of the unknown band from an unknown place make this the worst Pink Floyd cover we've ever seen."

now, replace the last part with 'the greatest new indie band' and you have the basic reviews of all this shit that has been coming out over the last 20 years. that's all new music sounds like these days to me...off key vocals, out of tune guitars, etc. beach house, my morning jacket...

I'll bet that drummer is glad you can't see him until the end of the video, by which point most people have either stopped watching, or have watched the whole thing and think they are incredible.

Been listening to the Final Cut lately. The lyrics, melodies, and guitar are really coming together for me and it's almost too much. I'm getting misty-eyed in several spots. Great, great album. Roger should have toured this in 2003.

okay so here is a quote from npr's review of the video...

"The combination of vocals, timing, out-of-tune and off key guitar solos, and general apathy of the unknown band from an unknown place make this the worst Pink Floyd cover we've ever seen."

now, replace the last part with 'the greatest new indie band' and you have the basic reviews of all this shit that has been coming out over the last 20 years. that's all new music sounds like these days to me...off key vocals, out of tune guitars, etc. beach house, my morning jacket...

wow.

you seriously think that? that there's no good music from the last 20 years?

i was referring to indie rock and it's pretty bad. LCD sound system...i mean really?

I am no fan of LCD but the rubric 'indie rock' is a pretty broad category. i can think of plenty of solid to great bands that can play their instruments and sing in tune, all at once!

btw, i am surprised to see the swipe @ My Morning Jacket. you may not like their music which is fine, but James is undeniably a talented singer and they are a tight band (esp live).