bands you might listen to more if they had a different singer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the point of this thread was to list examples of bands that you would like if they had a different singer. As in, you like the music, but not the vocals. Just sayin'. Or put another way, it's hard for me to believe that the person who mentioned Bob Dylan would be listening to "Tonnnnnnny Garnier on bassssss" if not for ol Bobby's vocals. :)

I think the point of this thread was to list examples of bands that you would like if they had a different singer.

yes.

I thought naming it "bands you might listen to more if they had a different singer" might imply this point, but apparently it was kinda murky

Everybody misses out on some great music, period. No one hears everything. And I'm sure there's music you don't like, right? And not just because it's objectively terrible? Vocals are a pretty big part of a song with lyrics, and some people just have voices that don't sound good to other people. Indian food is awesome, but if you don't like the way garam masala tastes, it's not "dumb" to not like Indian food.

It's interesting that you just compared singing and indian food.

Last week, you tried to tell me I was wrong to compare music and film.

:stunned

Back to thread:

UNCLE TUPELO. I don't think I'll ever like Fararr's voice.

I've met people who have this issue with Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin for me. When Plant actually sings, i.e. Thats The Way, I love it. When he screaches i.e. Immigrant Song, I can't stand it.

I think I'd have to put Pearl Jam on this list too (ducks)

tell that to my arse!

Yeah I was going to say something along those lines.. :lol

I ate at an Indian food restaurant one time, and the curry smell (and the other strange spices they use) emitted from my pores for a week.

Yeah I was going to say something along those lines.. :lol

I ate at an Indian food restaurant one time, and the curry smell (and the other strange spices they use) emitted from my pores for week.

when i was at university (this was in the uk, as that is where i'm from) i lived in an area that was predominantly asian, and we used to go for meals out to a curry house quite often. what would happen is that we'd walk into the place and they'd look you over a bit - and say "students?" we'd say "erm, yes" (thinking they'd kick us out). then they'd smile and say "excellent - we have special room upstairs for you, with special menu. very cheap menu! very cheap!" so e'd be ushered upstairs to this special room, away from the nice looking decor downstairs. and you'd get a £5 menu mix - plus 1 free beer. which was all you could eat of whatever they brought you - often it was hard to tell. i think whatever got left by the customers downstairs got mixed into a big vat and brought in to us. we didn't mind. but, like i say - the next day, our arses did. although i shouldn't rule out the indian beer!

Guest Speed Racer

It's interesting that you just compared singing and indian food.

Last week, you tried to tell me I was wrong to compare music and film.

:stunned

You were, in that instance. Context is everything.

I don't prefer Jay F's voice by any means, and I think he sounds like a doofus when he sings love songs with that voice, but his "I'm a 50 year-old factory-workin' man in a 25 year-old's body" songs work for him. Well, his voice at least. I think those "I'm a 50 year-old factory-workin' man in a 25 year-old's body" songs are pretty dumb, and the subsequent "I'm a 40 year-old man jaded by Republican politics" songs are no better. But his voice works for them. :lol

been a few mentioned already that i agree with but of those i didn't see...

a lot of the TV on the Radio stuff has vocals i can't get past

always skipped any Pavement song Spiral Stairs sang on and, therefore, avoided Preston School of Industry

also just about any song in history where they use a vocoder

Ben Folds.

OMG, if I have to hear that song about him knocking up his GF one more time, I am going to abort myself.

I was going to say Dave Matthews, but I wouldn't listen to the B minus DM, come to think of it.

robert plant

eddie vedder

jim james

bob dylan

???????

wow, just wow!

has someone forgot lennon, mccartney and daltrey?

There are only three bands whose singers totally irritate me-despite some decent music

1. Metallica-hetfield has the worst voice ever-I dont understand how people can listen to him

2. the arcade fire-shrilly annoyance

3. Liam Gallagher-now I dig oasis, but that nasally whine has got to go!