bands you might listen to more if they had a different singer

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Morning Jacket

Yeah, I said it.

Yeah, me too.

Another one for me is John Mayer - He is a really talented guitar player but his voice makes me want to stuff sharp objects into my ears.

The National

Ok, alot of people whose opinions I really respect love their new album. I know some of their older stuff and I could tolerate it, a couple of songs I liked. So, on that note, I listened to High Violet today. Their performance of the song "Runaway" showed up in one of my YouTube searches, I watched and listened, and I was floored. I am in love with this album!

Therefore, I rescind my vote for The National.

I feel the same way about The National. Now you have me thinking I may have to check out High Violet.

Agree with My Morning Jacket. I do listen, but I'd listen more with a different singer.

And Van Halen without David Lee Roth is painful to listen to. I'd put that at the top of the list.

Green Day for me - like them, but might love them with a different vocal sound, at least on a number of songs.

My Morning Jacket

Yeah, I said it.

I do respect your opinion but it surprises me. I didn't realise he polarised opinion at all. Listening to Jim sing 'Wordless Chorus' or 'Burmuda highway' sends shivers through me. He is a genuinly great vocalist.

Without a doubt it's The Hold Steady for me. I've tried a bunch of times to get into them and, despite the fact that he seems like a cool enough guy in interviews, I just can't get past Finn's "singing" style. The band is pretty great, though.

I'll say it...

SON VOLT

Without a doubt it's The Hold Steady for me. I've tried a bunch of times to get into them and, despite the fact that he seems like a cool enough guy in interviews, I just can't get past Finn's "singing" style. The band is pretty great, though.

You mean "talking style".

I think Jim James has one of the best voices out there, but I can kinda see how it can bother some people. I prefer it sans all the reverb myself. It's just so gorgeous on its own.

It's a little Muppet-esque. I like his lower pitch stuff but that high thing......idk