• Front right pocket
    • Front left pocket
    • Fanny Pack
    • Purse
    • Murse
    • "European Carry All"
    • I am unencumbered by material possessions

Guest Speed Racer

I use a very, very slim wallet for five or six cards (incl. ID and insurance) and some cash. Ah, as a ruler is sitting on my desk next to my wallet: about 5mm thick. How much do you really need to carry with you at any given time?

I use a very, very slim wallet for five or six cards (incl. ID and insurance) and some cash. Ah, as a ruler is sitting on my desk next to my wallet: about 5mm thick. How much do you really need to carry with you at any given time?

Need? ID and Debit card. I keep every little card (including a thick door code key for work) in my wallet. At least an inch thick.

I'm surprised by the front pocket votes. The only time I switch from back right to front right is when I'm in a shady neighborhood/area at night or in a tight crowd where pick-pocketing is a potential. Sitting on it isn't an issue and I like to actually use both front pockets for other shit.

Guest Speed Racer

I'd go one step further and say my wallet hurts me a lot more when it's in the front pocket than when it's in the back. Certainly back in the days of my "carry every card and paper I've ever received EVER" wallet, I'd basically look like I had a giant cyst on my thigh if I wore it in the front pocket and it would be about as comfortable.

When I'm going out to crowded events/shadier neighborhoods I'll just take my ID, a credit card and a $20.

I don't get too uncomfortable with the back right pocket...unless, for some reason, my wallet or pants/shorts are a little moist or wet...then it gets a little weird. Also, whenever I'm bored and I have done all I can do with my phone, I clean out my wallet...so it's pretty thin, therefore, comfortable to sit on. My brother, on the other hand, has a thick wallet that he refuses to sit on for more than 5 minutes, a la Costanza.

Is this poll for anything other than VC opinion?

Front left pocket. I don't carry a wallet. About 10 years ago in a shop in the Fremont neighborhood in Seattle, I bought a cardholder made from a recycled bicycle tire. It is labeled 'Used Rubber' and usually contains a debit/credit card, driver's license, health insurance card and maybe a Starbucks card. If I am on vacation, I include a true credit card and AAA card. If I have a rental car, then my automobile insurance card. I rarely carry cash but when I do, I keep it in the same pocket. This has proven to be one of the best purchases I ever made. I always hated that wallet feeling.

back left and i'm a righty. seems to work for me - pull it out & open with the left, use the right to retrieve whatever you're looking for.

I usually wear jeans, so the front pocket is a pretty uncomfortable location. I only do that during concerts or when I'm standing in a crowded bus/train - situations where there's a lot of incidental bumping and the pickpocketing chances are higher.

I'm right-handed and I always used to keep my wallet in my back left pocket, but then several years ago I had a favorite pair of shorts that only had a back right pocket. That one pair of shorts forced me to keep my wallet in my back right pocket, and it became a habit ... I have done so ever since.

I've used my front right pocket ever since high school, when my doctor told me that sitting on my wallet was a possible source of back pain. I keep it thin, so it never bothers me, even in jeans. I don't use my back pockets for anything.