Tweedy in Westchester loves you 12-6-10

good show with Jeff in a fine mood when someone yelled W. loves you; he said he doesn't know him! sadly, looks as if i lost the first 45 minutes of his set for the archives. did someone record??? this hall in Tarrytown has THE most amazing sound. quiet audience should make killer boot!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Autumn Defense was excellent. In no particular order but not a complete listing, they played Back of my Mind, Tell Me What You Want, Full Five Paces, The Swallows of London Town, Huntington Fair, The Answer and Every Day. I actually enjoyed their set very much. Jeff's set was filled with the usual's with no surprises for me anyway and way too short. I don't think he played more than an hour and fifteen minutes including the encore. The only song I hadn't heard performed before by Jeff solo or Wilco was What's the World Got In Store. Jeff's encore with the full Autumn Defense band was pretty cool but way too short as well. We got Passenger Side and California Stars. Show was over by 10:20. Great sound though. Being a theater built in the late 1800's, the seats were not intended for anyone over five foot four. It was worse than sitting in the reserve seats at Fenway Park. Glad I took in the show instead of the Jets-Pats game. What a disaster that turned out to be.

good show with Jeff in a fine mood when someone yelled W. loves you; he said he doesn't know him! sadly, looks as if i lost the first 45 minutes of his set for the archives. did someone record??? this hall in Tarrytown has THE most amazing sound. quiet audience should make killer boot!

Agreed, fantastic show with amazing acoustics (se my note about taping below). Plus, Jeff could not have been more friendly and accommodating the few of us who met him behind his van right after the show. I've been carrying around a print of a shot I took of Jeff that I love and a silver paint marker for literally months - solid sound, Philadelphia folk festival, you name it. Finally he was right in front of me and I took out the photo and my pen was missing. I couldn't believe it! I was emptying my pockets and handing stuff to strangers to hold like a complete spaz. To this minute, I still haven't found it. I had a silver sharpie paint. He took a few pictures with people and then just said, "why don't I just sign it in black over the white guitar? I said that would be great and he did, I was so touched by his patience that I gave him another one of my favorite photos. He was very appreciative and I said "I'll see you in DC." Here's a before and then a quick snap of the autographed shot:

835488786_PaiQk-M-5.jpg

t:1117727569_CYPW8-M.jpg

And here's the one I gave him:

974894537_HtCrb-XL.jpg

TAPING:

Oh, and I did tape the show. There's a couple of glitches (people knocked over my recorder twice when leaving the aisle, but to my ears, it sounds pretty good and just needs some mixing. I was going to see if Brennan wanted to help out with that because I've never taped a show before and wouldn't know how to go about mixing and checksums and all that.. Anyway, I played it in my car coming home and it was pretty nice. I recorded it as a 48khz 24bit wav, so there should be a lot of room to play with getting the levels right.

awesome show. whistled to hummingbird. :dance

Glad you didn't whistle to "one Wing" :thumbup

Eugene Draper reference! My major excitement tonight. (The show sounded excellent too.)

Hey B,

Didn't know you were there. Where were you sitting? Are you going to any more of the shows?

Autumn Defense:

Tell Me What You Want

Huntington Fair

Back Of My Mind

Written In The Snow

The Answer

The Swallows Of London Town

Step Easy

Spend Your Life

Feel You Now

Full 5 Paces

Every Day

We Would Never Die

Tweedy:

Sunken Treasure

Remember The Mountain Bed

I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

One Wing

Via Chicago

Not For The Season

Please Be Patient With Me

Muzzle Of Bees

The Ruling Class

Hummingbird

One By One

Jesus, Etc.

What's The World Got In Store

New Madrid

The Late Greats

Passenger Side (with Autumn Defense)

California Stars (with Autumn Defense)

I don't think he played more than an hour and fifteen minutes including the encore.

When I bought tickets, I saw somewhere (can't remember where) that the show was going to be from 8 to 11. And when I was entering the venue tonight, I heard someone ask one of the employees what time the show would end, and he said 11. Wonder what the deal was. Either way, great show. And some priceless banter.

I was in row 2 right next to the One Wing wistler. He was really drunk if you couldn't tell and yelled "NICE" every 3 minutes! Highlight for me Was What's the World Got in Store which over 15 Wilco and 7 Jeff shows I never heard live! Just need Say You Miss Me and I heard all of Being There :thumbup

The show seemed to end abruptly after California Stars?

Another thing which I enjoyed was no Spiders, Im the Man and Shot..room needs to be made for other songs. It was a good mix between Tarrytown and Bowery. The sound was outstanding at both shows! Jeff's banter is also priceless :cheers

Another thing which I enjoyed was no Spiders, Im the Man and Shot..room needs to be made for other songs.

As much as I love the one-two opener of "Sunken Treasure" and "Remember the Mountain Bed," I wonder how many more tunes could be fit into a setlist if he were to scrap these two rather lengthy songs. Either way, it sounded like a great show. Wish I could make it to DC.

I wonder if they ended early enough to accommodate the masses taking Metro North to NYC. Seemed like a lot of people were leaving immediately after CA Stars and before the house lights came on, not even bothering to see if there'd be another encore.

I hope Jeff or some form of Wilco comes back here!

When I bought tickets, I saw somewhere (can't remember where) that the show was going to be from 8 to 11. And when I was entering the venue tonight, I heard someone ask one of the employees what time the show would end, and he said 11. Wonder what the deal was. Either way, great show. And some priceless banter.

I wonder if they ended early enough to accommodate the masses taking Metro North to NYC. Seemed like a lot of people were leaving immediately after CA Stars and before the house lights came on, not even bothering to see if there'd be another encore.

I hope Jeff or some form of Wilco comes back here!

I doubt most venues/artist ever consider peoples transit options on if they keep playing or not. :ninja

Great show, i agree about it ending abruptly, i thought they'd do at least one more in the main set and encore. It was a nice surprise to see all of the autumn defense come out with Jeff in the encore, a great version of Passenger Side (much like the version at the Jeff solo show at Solid Sound). One by One, New Madrid, and What's the World Got in Store were the big highlights for me, though i was really hoping for Gun

Oh yeah, John's references.. I chose the greek place for dinner instead. I wonder if anyone at HF recognized them. Haha... And the town really does go back to 1692, even a little further. Jeff mentioned the Castle too.

we liked the show, good to be back in ttown. john referenced Horsefeathers, they have some damn good burgers. horseradish cheddar burger is my fav

Good show, a bit shorter than I expected. Still a great night of music. New madrid was great.

And the crowd was very quiet while Jeff was playing-which I appreciated.

Funny, I was at horsefeathers before the show. Saw Pat and John as they were leaving before the show-I heard Pat say -yeah we will be on at 8. They were 10 feet away and my buddy and I didnt notice until they got up to leave!

A pal of mine, and longtime Wilco fan, has sworn off future Wilco shows after last night. Not because of the performance, but rather the crowd. He said that Wilco's following, at least at this show, has become unbearable. In his words, something about a perfect mix of frat boys and Phish-loving fools. He said that almost everyone near him was either talking the entire time or on their cell phones.

Oh, and Jeff: How about San Francisco?

Great Time...However...17 songs was a little weak.

I was looking at my notes from 2005 in Kingston and he played 24 songs.

What gives?