Is it spring where you are?

Just got a dusting of snow here in Chicago last night. Supposed to stay cold through the weekend.

Boo.

It is spring everywhere in the northern hemisphere.

well actually, you can judge spring by the blooming of the daffodil, and doing this you can see spring progress from south to north each year.

there is also this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Season_creep

anyway, our daffodils were out a couple of weeks ago. actually, this is another global warming problem related to this - because daffodil flowers normally have 2 blooms - some bloom early in the spring (which is normally a smaller bloom) and then the others come out slightly later and this is the larger bloom. however, it has been observed (in the uk anyway) that the bulbs all seem to have bloomed in one go - therefore there won't be a second wave. fascinating, i know! :yawn

I think I'll take the occasional spring snow showers (which won't last on the ground long anyways) over radiation any day of the week.

That's just me.

And fyi I just walked my dog and was pelted by that astronaut ice cream looking snow.

No .. it is not spring here in Midland MI ... I work for a minor league baseball team and we have 10 inches of snow on the field and opening day is April 7th ...