Actually "workers" make stuff. People who own business just hire people to make stuff. The real job creators are the ones buying the goods and services. Meanwhile anyone can say anything on the internet and ask us to believe them.

LouieB

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why Jules would lie about it - he proves Obama policies are working and that Obama is the best job creator since Jules' last favorite President - Clinton.

Another vote for Obama in November - way to go Jules ---- seriously, though, it's great that the 100 were hired.

Nope. Ethanol is a scam.

you're seriously telling me that none of the latin americans in your vast, umm, "commodities" empire market ethanol at an outrageously inflated mark-up?

why don't you drop the smug attitude and get honest with the board?

why don't you drop the smug attitude and get honest with the board?

What fun would that be for him to actually come out from behind the internet and be both honest and real? it is far more fun for him to be just a character (not unlike Sparky) and bait people and not be genuine. It would be nice to know what he REALLY does, but that might open him up to being thought of as a real person and that is probably way too threatening. So what WERE those jobs you created Jules?

LouieB

I don't think Jules' statement is out of line with anything he's posted about his life and work previously, and I don't think anyone here needs to be 100% forthcoming on all the details of his life. And I'm certainly pleased to hear that there's increased demand for his company's services, and he's been hiring. That's good news no matter what side of the fence you're on.

Gogo's right, you don't need to be 100% forthcoming with personal details on a forum. I think people got a bit riled because it's a game of:

Hey I take this personally, I'm a job creator.

Oh yeah, what do you do?

I don't want to talk about it.

It's this weird insistence on one hand that economic policies are personally essential for people in a line of work, but they are some how ashamed of their tax rate, their under-taxed investments, or their income bracket. There is a tendency for the business class of this country to bark loudly about policies that favor them personally, but then they don't want to talk about their personal economics. Wealthy shame?

It's like how Romney didn't want to talk about his taxes.

Overall the personal is essentially political. I'm a teacher, a leftist, and I completed my education with the help of my supportive middle-class parents. This probably gives me an inherent bias, but it's nothing to be ashamed of. Perhaps the plumbers hold their plungers high, and the day laborers hold their hammers high when it comes to economic policy conversations cause they "know what's going down."

I keep stopping in this thread and I am always sorry I do. Perhaps gogo is right (although I respectufully disagree with her on this) that no one needs to be a real person if they so choose not to be. Having grown up before the internet, yet residing here for a good long time, I guess I should not be too surprised that some folks would rather be totally annonymous rather than forthcoming.

So ultimately I understand that some folks think it is perfectly okay to toss out random opinions that htey never have to back up (along with plenty of conspiracy theories.) As I have said before, if Mitt Romney is elected next time, its fine with me. It's not the end of the world, yet he will do the same BS that every President ultimately does. Good luck to him making life better for all of us. No President has enough control over everything to stop shit from going to hell if it is going to. (And the fact is that Republican Presidents run up the deficit higher than Democratic ones.)

LouieB

This is only related to this thread via the last few posts but, as I have stated before in other threads, what is the problem with being forthcoming in this message board? I don't understand the aliases and lack of details in profiles. It would be difficult enough to have a real conversation via via chicago (har har), or any cyber pub, if we were being honest and open. It is arguably pointless to do so when people are disguised, dishonest and disingenuous. If I knew how to do it, my photo would be in my avatar space. Read my profile. Why have a profile area if you aren't going to make a profile?

I am definitely in the minority on this but I could envision enjoying discussions here and really contributing if I felt fairly certain that all of the people I was interacting with were serious about more than just fucking with people.

When I am in my local, or in a strange pub while on vacation, having conversations with people, I would not interact with them if they wouldn't tell me their names, answer basic questions about their lives, or give details relevant to our conversation. Why is it so different on the internet?

Ya know Doug.....I agree. There are plenty of points of agreement between right and left if people just dropped the bullshit and got down to it. Real people are way more interesting and engaging than fake ones.

LouieB

I think Jules is in the propane and propane accessory bussiness.

From the look of his avatar, he is in the whacking and whacking accessory business.

I keep stopping in this thread and I am always sorry I do. Perhaps gogo is right (although I respectufully disagree with her on this) that no one needs to be a real person if they so choose not to be. Having grown up before the internet, yet residing here for a good long time, I guess I should not be too surprised that some folks would rather be totally annonymous rather than forthcoming.

So ultimately I understand that some folks think it is perfectly okay to toss out random opinions that htey never have to back up (along with plenty of conspiracy theories.) As I have said before, if Mitt Romney is elected next time, its fine with me. It's not the end of the world, yet he will do the same BS that every President ultimately does. Good luck to him making life better for all of us. No President has enough control over everything to stop shit from going to hell if it is going to. (And the fact is that Republican Presidents run up the deficit higher than Democratic ones.)

LouieB

I don't think gogo was saying that you don't have to be a real person, just that you don't have to share every single detail of your own life. And in Jules's case, even without going into specific details, he's been fairly forthcoming and consistent about what he does. Plus, I think it's pretty easy to tell when someone isn't being sincere. However, I don't think that's the case too often on this board (one of the reasons I find Via Chicago to be enjoyable).

Holy shit! Is this what it's come to on this thread? LOL I've met Jules and he's as straightforward in person as he is on this board. In fact I've met a number of people in person from this board and even the people whom I can not agree with on most everything I still found enjoyable to be around and find something from their trails of posts to see things in a different light. (although they may not change my pov) But seriously people, the real assholes show themselves in due time and those who enjoy debating, learning and sharing will shine just as well. But even in face to face conversation I will still interject a smart ass wise crack just to be silly......

So in saying all this Jules, I enjoy seeing what you may not tell us about yourself in the future! Hahaha

I've met Jules and he's as straightforward in person as he is on this board.

Of course we all know you met here :lol

Hall-of-Doom.jpg

Full disclosure: I pledged a $100 to Obama camp today - been getting calls for the last couple months and finally bit the bullet. I donated a bit and volunteered in '08 - must admit my enthusiasm has waned, now it's more to keep Romney out of the office.

I suppose I can say I have been disappointed with Obama, though it is impossible to govern when there is no compromising going on (though I think there has been more of it from Obama - perhaps too much, but then absolutely nothing would have happen.) Hopefully in his 2nd term the Congress and the President can actually accomplish something.

I have met Jules on more than one occasion and he a bright, caring, sensitive family man who works hard and tends to the poor and disadvantaged in his free time. And he always smells fresh as the mountain rain in the spring time.

he is also the leader of one of the world's largest south american commodities empires and you people should mind your business if your pets and children mean anything to you.

Wow you're dumber than I thought.

How dumb did you think that he was?

Also, would you mind saying what you hired those 100 people to do and for what type of business? Are you the owner? If so, kudos. That is a successful business and well done by you. i am glad that demand is up for your good(s) and/or service(s).

Wow, I am glad you have such a high opinion of your workers. So apparently your business could operate with syphilitic monkeys, since it is you who does all the hard work.

Hey fine whatever. What did you "make": today?

LouieB

he made jobs. and money. if he has 100 employees thats more than Wilco and Dr Dog combined!

Wow, I am glad you have such a high opinion of your workers. So apparently your business could operate with syphilitic monkeys, since it is you who does all the hard work.

typical republican

Actually "workers" make stuff. People who own business just hire people to make stuff.

I don't think this is a fair characterization. It's true that shareholders, who are the owners of corporations, don't necessarily make the corporations' products, but a lot of times workers do own stock in the companies for which they work. So sometimes the people who own the corporation actually do also make the corporation's stuff.

I would imagine that the owners of many small to medium-sized business are very much involved in the "making" of their products. From quality control to research and development to choices about what to make and what to stop making, what infrastructure to buy/dump/replace, and perhaps the actual nuts and bolts creation of ultimate product.

Jules appears to be upset. I bet several Colombian families lost their first-borns and/or attractive daughters last night.

Cite one statement where Jules de-valued the people who work for his company.

Apparently, Jules has Atticus on retainer. A fine choice, as he did argue quite eloquently on Tom Robinson's behalf.