New album called "The Whole Love"?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wilco skipped Florida during the Sky Blue Sky tour which is really a shame...because based on the Ashes DVD It would have been a hell of a show.

I guess "an evening with Wilco" made up for it.

I actually saw Wilco on the YHF tour in a "movie theater" in West Palm Beach...that was the day I became a die hard fan. Seen them 3 times since.

Would totally drive to Orlando or Tampa if they were coming.

correct me if i'm wrong... but is that 2nd O a pepperoni pizza?

seems that way to me...

Looks that way to me. Could this be hint at their next Wilco product, Wilco (The Pizza)?

Sorry, that was very cheesy..

I'd agree if there were colored images elsewhere, like in the main graphic. Feels odd to just have them in the title.

Maybe the artwork we're seeing is the slip cover (that might be the wrong word) and the O-s are cut out holes which reveal part of the art on the booklet cover.

Wilco skipped Florida during the Sky Blue Sky tour which is really a shame...because based on the Ashes DVD It would have been a hell of a show.

I guess "an evening with Wilco" made up for it.

I actually saw Wilco on the YHF tour in a "movie theater" in West Palm Beach...that was the day I became a die hard fan. Seen them 3 times since.

Would totally drive to Orlando or Tampa if they were coming.

I was at that show at the Carefree in WPB. I was in 8th grade, and it definitely made me a die hard too.

They only came to Jacksonville from what I remember during SBS tours; I almost made the drive, but it didn't work out. I'd definitely drive to see them upstate.

So if there's a twelve and ten minute song and another ten songs around four minutes that clocks in at around an hour so it should be a double album :thumbup

Maybe. Lou Reed's New York album is an hour and is a single album. I guess it's sort of a gray area.

Not that I should be shocked, but are we really judging new Wilco material based on sub-par fan footage from a festival? C'mon people. Try not to bash an album that hasn't even been released yet.

I never said I was bashing the album, I was commenting on what I heard from the video AND the mp3s I heard from the recordings. Regardless of sound quality, we heard the basic song being performed by the band. Therefore, I have every right to comment on it without bashing the album.

Also, to alecrothman... I checked out the mp3 of Dawned on me... better sound quality but still kind of ehh for me, just sounds kind of cheesy and chorus driven, with not much excitement. Hopefully it will grow. Still love Born Alone though

I was excited about I Might when I heard it, but these other tracks suggest more of the same soft rock mediocrity... Darn, I was hopeful about this one.

I never said I was bashing the album, I was commenting on what I heard from the video AND the mp3s I heard from the recordings. Regardless of sound quality, we heard the basic song being performed by the band. Therefore, I have every right to comment on it without bashing the album.

Also, to alecrothman... I checked out the mp3 of Dawned on me... better sound quality but still kind of ehh for me, just sounds kind of cheesy and chorus driven, with not much excitement. Hopefully it will grow. Still love Born Alone though

My comment was not directed just to you. Your first comment, including the phrases "suggests more of the same [soft rock] mediocrity" and "darn, I was hopeful about this one," to me, makes it sound like a) you've already made up your mind about the material based on videos of the live debut of this material and B) you've already given up on the record before it's actually been released, like what you heard/saw on YouTube is the definitive version(s) of the songs. I respect one's right to make comments on crappy YouTube footage, Lord knows there's enough of that, I'm just saying it seems a little early to throw in the towel.

The entire "Being There" double CD actually fits on one CD!! I never understood this.

Double album used to mean that it fit over 2 vinyl..which is definitly the case with an hour long record. Still calling it a double album in this day in age is a stretch.

Considering there are two epic songs...I doubt I will feel the album is too short. Also that paves the way for more releases like a live EP down the road.

Guest Jules

The entire "Being There" double CD actually fits on one CD!! I never understood this.

Double album used to mean that it fit over 2 vinyl..which is definitly the case with an hour long record. Still calling it a double album in this day in age is a stretch.

Considering there are two epic songs...I doubt I will feel the album is too short. Also that paves the way for more releases like a live EP down the road.

For some reason, I don't understand any of this.