New album called "The Whole Love"?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Facebook: released on 9/27, tracklist to come this afternoon.

LOL. The one day I decide to skip Facebook.

Excellent news.

Should we place bets on the amount of tracks? I'm going to say 16.

Per Facebook: released on 9/27, tracklist to come this afternoon.

from their facebook page:

‎"The Whole Love" track listing: Art of Almost, I Might, Sunloathe, Dawned On Me, Black Moon, Born Alone, Open Mind, Capitol City, Standing O, Rising Red Lung, Whole Love, One Sunday Morning (Song For Jane Smiley’s Boyfriend).

As long as there are still copies made and distributed to the media/anyone outisde Wilco camp (or within, even), it'll leak. Radiohead's stuff hasn't been leaking because they've basically been releasing it when they announce it. This new Wilco release is a standard album release scheme, it's just on a label they're running. Not saying it'll leak now, but it'll happen eventually.

So only 12 songs? What happened to the other 8? Looks like a "Tour EP" should b in the works

Also it probably won't "leak" as they are self releasing it. Kinda like Radiohead.

It's still possible though. Copies will likely get sent out to reviewers, radio stations, etc. a little ahead of time and one of them may let it slip. Excited for the track listing and release date though! I'm generally pretty impatient with record releases but I'll do my best with this one :thumbup

eb56bf7439a11ebbef2801d49956f2b7.jpg

I like it!

Guest Speed Racer

Also it probably won't "leak" as they are self releasing it. Kinda like Radiohead.

It's not just the six of them in a room burning discs and slapping labels on them. Their own label or not, they hand it off to someone else who hands it off to someone who, before doing whatever it is they're supposed to do, uploads it for his million closest friends.

Despite the album title, there are some cool titles of different songs on the album. And remember Art of Almost & Song for Jane Smiley's Boyfriend should be pretty long songs.

"...opens with the seven-minute “Art of Almost” and concludes with the twelve-minute “One Sunday Morning (Song For Jane Smiley’s Boyfriend).” In between: 10 adventurous tunes (each clocking in at four minutes or less)..."

Lots of stuff from the band via Facebook today:

Album set list

Cover Art

Initial tour dates.

Looks like it's on.

Funny,but I guess I thought the dBpm site would be up before the pending release of the new album would be announced.

Still says "coming soon".

Maybe they're busy burning discs and slapping labels on on them.....

That album art screams "Dad Rock"

..just kidding

Pissed at no Florida dates..AGAIN!!!!

I wish there some Florida Dates but we did get a few on the last tour so I really shouldn't complain....OK sorry I Will....come to FLA