Jeff Tweedy signature SG?

Oh geez, you know what ruined my night? I think these are being finished in Blue Mist... not Pelham Blue. Who is the idiot that made that decision? )))): Gibson is always letting everyone down, it seems.

I e-mailed American Musical to confirm that it is indeed blue mist and not pelham blue. This is such a deal breaker for me ))):

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh geez, you know what ruined my night? I think these are being finished in Blue Mist... not Pelham Blue. Who is the idiot that made that decision? )))): Gibson is always letting everyone down, it seems.

I e-mailed American Musical to confirm that it is indeed blue mist and not pelham blue. This is such a deal breaker for me ))):

They probably didn't want two signature guitars in the same colour. That's my guess

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Would love to try one out, not sure if any of my local stores are gonna bring this one in though. Hope this one doesn't have tuning issues, I've found SGs to be pretty bad with that generally.

I have tuning issues with my Les Paul (just a Studio) - perhaps it's a Gibson thing in general.

I would love to play the SG. I am sure one of the stores in Chicago will get one in.

I haven't been to a music store in quite a while, actually the last one was Rock N Roll Vintage Inc. up on the northside (in Chicago.) I think they filmed some of IATTBYH there. Beautiful store.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

not a big fan of the blue sg or the unfinished neck but i love sgs.. just picked up a '81 sg standard that is the most amazing guitar i have played.. walnut finish big head stock and small pickguard.. the way to go for me!!

1980 Gibson SG Standard.jpg

Do most signature guitars have the name (Tweedy, for instance) on the headstock - it seems a bit cheesy? It is a great looking guitar.

I just think I would want any signature/name on the back.