Deerhoof / The Raccoonists split 7" + digital single

The video for "Own It" is a fun watch. Liked the song enough to buy the download from polyvinyl. Haven't heard the Deerhoof / Tweedy track yet. I'm saving it for a surprise to brighten up my shift at work tonight. It was only 2 bucks for the tracks as 320 mp3s and 5 bucks for the 45.

I seem to remember "The Raccoonists" as one of the passed over names for Loose Fur. I believe it can be found on the back of the self-titled record?

Yes, without the 'The', besides Nuts, Men, Scrotales, Mentalists and, um, Loose Fur

I am a big deerhoof fan, so I had heard this song with their vocals many times already. It's kinda weird hearing Jeff sing it. His voice doesn't really fit their sound, but it's still cool that they did this. The other tracks seems like they were just having fun, not much substantial about it

I am a big deerhoof fan, so I had heard this song with their vocals many times already. It's kinda weird hearing Jeff sing it. His voice doesn't really fit their sound, but it's still cool that they did this. The other tracks seems like they were just having fun, not much substantial about it

Sometimes rock n roll is all about having fun with the music and not worrying about its substance!

• 1 month later...

The physical form should arrive in the mail any day now. Anyone got it yet?

Also, Greg from Deerhoof was interviewed about their free live album 99% Upset Feeling and was questioned about Wilco..

You guys have opened for Wilco. Although they are of course an amazing band, especially live - give at least one reason that you are a better band than them.

Smaller carbon footprint. No upright piano to tune. Quicker load-in. Fewer members to split the takings. More athletic frontperson. Too DIY for a recording engineer. Only one of the two to open for Radiohead. Only one to have the nerve to ask the other for a collaboration.

from http://ripitup.co.nz...f-the-week/2702

My package arrived today. When I ordered, I thanked them for the blue raspberry Airhead they sent me last time, and they sent me six this time, plus my 7"

:badger

I ordered this so long ago I forgot I also got the strawberry-colored version of their reissue of Deerhoof's album Milk Man, and in the meantime I picked up the banana-colored version at my local shop. Doh!