Vic Theatre Show Added

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Chicago shows, you are killing me. December 15th is my birthday and would love to see all 3 shows in Chicago but I just can't do it in the winter. I've been to Chicago twice and both times it was in the dead of winter. I swore the next time I went it would be in warmer weather. I want to take the architectural tour and roam around Chicago neighborhoods-damn you December shows.

From today's Sun-Times:

http://www.suntimes....-in-nation.html

That's funny.

I live in New England so it's not the cold I'm worried about as much as it is the flying in and out of Chicago. I don't want to invest in the shows and not be able to get there and then not be able to sell the tickets because it's will call. I've seen 11 shows this year so I'm just going to ignore the Chicago shows for now and hope that there are going to be some warmer weather shows in 2012.

But I can't wait to visit Chicago...sometime.

That's funny.

I live in New England so it's not the cold I'm worried about as much as it is the flying in and out of Chicago. I don't want to invest in the shows and not be able to get there and then not be able to sell the tickets because it's will call. I've seen 11 shows this year so I'm just going to ignore the Chicago shows for now and hope that there are going to be some warmer weather shows in 2012.

But I can't wait to visit Chicago...sometime.

It is cold in New England, but the wind coming off the lake or down off the plains is something to behold. Early December shouldn't be that bad. Come visit Chicago without a Wilco show sometime in the fall or spring. It's fun.

LouieB

Cool they added, but sucks there's a two ticket limit. i get that they want to cut out scalpers and give more people a chance at tickets, but at what cost?

why not just make it single tickets? I don't think they should even sell doubles, just have a one ticket limit, that's the way to go!

So we can safely say eTix (and this method of paperless ticketing) beats Front Gate and Ticketmaster, right?

It does.

The Vic sale was the best setup. No presales is a good thing. That means, we fans only have to dedicate 30 minutes of our time once instead of 3 times. The 2 ticket limit and will call is good on the front end - I hope they are set up well at the Vic and Riv to process us all without tickets.

I had great luck with etix up until today. Got in right at 11am, got through to the "processing" screen, but it came up as "not available" at 11:02. It's weird, b/c i ordered tickets for the last 2 Chicago shows on a slower computer and everything, and i got "em both times. I was quicker on the draw today, but i got shut out. I'm not really too upset. You can't win 'em all, but i am continuously amazed at how much pure luck is involved in the ticket ordering process! I'm glad that i got lucky twice before.

Based on my experience I'd say it sold out in less than a minute.

Super Fans: Is it really necessary for you to buy tickets to EVERY Chicago show? I think their goal in adding more shows has been to afford more Chicagoans the chance to see them, not to make it possible for obsessives to see them three times in one week.