December 18th Lincoln Hall

Funny, I turned on XRT right at 7:30 (or so I thought) just to hear one of these announcements and I somehow still missed it. But they just reannounced it. So yeah. I will say that the Schubas/Lincoln Hall server isn't necessarily the greatest when it comes to high traffic, in my past experience, so hopefully the price tag will deter at least some people...or God bless us.

Update: Well, it looks like it's on sale through etix so at least it'll be a little better than it otherwise would have. I'm sure they (wisely) realized that the Schubas/Lincoln Hall servers wouldn't be able to handle the traffic. Still gonna be an extremely tough ticket, I'm guessing, since Lincoln Hall is about half the size (if that) of Metro...

bbop - when you mentioned Lincoln Hall "server", I thought you were talking about their waitresses/waiters and I thought "well that's an odd complaint" - haven't finished my first cup of coffee, yet...

Definitely gonna a tough ticket. Lincoln Hall is a great venue, it would be great to see Wilco there.

bbop - when you mentioned Lincoln Hall "server", I thought you were talking about their waitresses/waiters and I thought "well that's an odd complaint" - haven't finished my first cup of coffee, yet...

Haha, sorry! Didn't mean to tease your brain so early in the AM. Indeed, it'd be a lot of fun to see Wilco at Lincoln Hall... :thumbup

I'm curious to see how the price tag affects things. I'm sure it really won't in this case, but I always find it a little weird that some people balk at the price for Jeff's solo benefits at the Vic and that they usually have to knock the price down to get the place sold out. Maybe that's not as true anymore. And granted, the Vic is a lot bigger than Lincoln Hall and it's just Jeff but it's always an interesting dynamic to me.

Then again, it's also weird to me how a lot of people who are so-called fans of a band don't seem to give nearly as much of a crap when, say, the lead singer does a solo gig or something. Obviously that doesn't apply to most folks on here, but it's something I've noticed with more casual fans over the years (and not just with Wilco).

Intimate? Yes. But not the best venue if you're upstairs and not right up against the railing. It can be extremely tough to see over people's heads if you're stuck behind them upstairs.

Show is on a Sunday. Just get a bucket of hot chocolate, a boom box, and a sleeping bag. Problem solved.

Update: Well, it looks like it's on sale through etix so at least it'll be a little better than it otherwise would have. I'm sure they (wisely) realized that the Schubas/Lincoln Hall servers wouldn't be able to handle the traffic. Still gonna be an extremely tough ticket, I'm guessing, since Lincoln Hall is about half the size (if that) of Metro...

The server can't handlethe number of people trying to fiqure out what and where Lincoln Hall is. I went on to see if I could get tix to Umphrey's McGhee and was hopeless. On a side note, I cant believe the Umph show sold out on Groupon. I can't wait for the 50% off of a toe sucking at Pop's for Champagne. IT is the next logical extension of the groupon invasion.

Great. Another chance to get locked out of a show, but I have an old friend who works for Inspiration so maybe....

LouieB

When I first read this post, I didn't have on my glasses...so I read this as "Another chance to get kicked out of a show".

Makes a better story my way.

I have never seen reserved seating there. Typically the floor is standing and the balcony has some bar stools along the railing with standing room behind those. wouldn't be surprised if they remove the stools for this show.

I have never seen reserved seating there. Typically the floor is standing and the balcony has some bar stools along the railing with standing room behind those. wouldn't be surprised if they remove the stools for this show.

I saw Gary Louris solo there a while back and it was seated on the main floor--not assigned seats--but I can't imagine that this one will be seated at all except for the balcony stools...and maybe not even those. They'll want to be able to get as many people as possible in there.

Woo got one! eTix has been good to me... Remember people, if the button is BLUE, it means tix are still available. Just keep refreshing. You'll see the buy button come up again (usually every 5 minutes as people's carts expire). Once the button is RED, it's sold out.

woo is right, totally pysched as i was able to get two tickets right at the stroke of 10 central. Will by far be the smallest venue for me seeing Wilco and less than half the capacity of Letterman Theater. Capacity at Bowery Ballroom is about 550 so sounds like Lincoln is a bit smaller than where Tweedy played last December. Oh, and it's a Chicago hometown show for a great cause. Can't wait.

Did you just reload the page and it said BUY again?

Yes, just keep hitting the refresh button in your browser. Repeatedly. OVER AND OVER. The blue button that says, "tickets are currently unavailable" will turn orange and say, "buy"... or it will be red and say "sold out"... then you can cry.