Speak into the Rose Vinyl EP for Record Store Day

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/new-10-vinyl-ep-speak-into-the-rose/

http://www.antilabelblog.com/?p=7896

The Chicago band Wilco release a limited edition 10” vinyl 4-song EP, Speak Into The Rose, this Friday in conjunction with Record Store Day’s Black Friday at independent music retailers worldwide.

Pressed on heavy weight translucent red vinyl, the new release features a demo version of “I Might,” the first single from Wilco’s recently released album The Whole Love, as well as an alternate version of The Whole Love’s epic opener “Art of Almost.” Also included are “Speak Into The Rose” and “Message From Mid-Bar,” two tracks previously available only on the deluxe CD version of The Whole Love.

Additionally, 30 lucky Record Store Day customers will find a special sticker on randomly distributed copies of Speak Into The Rose, and receive a poster signed by Wilco’s Jeff Tweedy.

418454661442_jpg_300x819_q85.jpg

No turntable and actually disappointed with the extras on the delux CD (so it was a good job the main CD was so brill) means this is not going to trouble me. I must get Sometimes It Happens though - that is a lovely bit on the side - should have been on the deluxe CD!

I had this nagging feeling of familiarity with Sometimes It Happens and It just occurred to me today which song it somehow reminded me of:-

The Lions Share by 10,000 Maniacs.

Not in a copying sort of way, just something about the up and down structure of the melody. Maybe its just me ...

Bought it along with the Craig Finn 7''.

Its really awesome to hear everyone on vinyl... but Im a little disappointed these "alt" tracks arent that different unless you're a huge music/sound nerd. Even then its just little things.

the I Might demo is so shitty hahahhah!

Just received this today from Kings Road Merch in Germany, beautiful.

I also received a 40x60cm poser of them in the Loft and another 58x80cm Whole Love poster, same as the six pictures of the guys in the inlay sleeve to the album, thrilled.

All for about €18.

My turntable hasn't been hooked up in close to 20 years, does anybody know where I might be able to find a version of I Might & Art Of Almost from this release that I can listen too?

• 1 year later...

i had no idea this existed and i thought i had everything Wilco has released on vinyl. :stunned Sometimes it good to be late to the party, i just purchased a sealed copy on ebay for 9 bucks. After reading this thread i wonder if the signed poster offer is still on the table?