[quote name=lamrod" post="1524166" time="1366377836"][img=http://media.tumblr.com/3aa531f2d37a6fbf141c2936b0e1ab91/tumblr_inline_mjkw9sQHdX1qz4rgp.jpg] And how much credibility can we give to someone that spells sucked as suked? You ASSUME sucked. Maybe Cam meant puked. In which case, the show might really have sucked!

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

I got 'walkin' and really loved the title song. Also absolutely love his production. Slightly effected guitar, a phat, airy drum sound. Killer riffs too. Feeling like I want to get into more. His new album seems like it might be good.

Is he any good live? I assume it's pretty sloppy. Also, was he in War on Drugs?

I have only his last 2 albums (don't even know if there are others).  The title song from Walking on a Pretty Day is my favorite of all the tunes I'm familiar with.  My wife and I both like both albums; something that I can put on the turntable knowing she won't glare at me!  Nice, airy sound.  Worth checking out. Never seen him live.  I think he was in TWOD

I got 'walkin' and really loved the title song. Also absolutely love his production. Slightly effected guitar, a phat, airy drum sound. Killer riffs too. Feeling like I want to get into more. His new album seems like it might be good.

Is he any good live? I assume it's pretty sloppy. Also, was he in War on Drugs?

I thought he was pretty good live. He is an interesting guitar player to watch. His vocals were mushy when I saw him - couldn't understand any of it. Never saw his face, either - his hair covered his face the whole time. That was a little disconcerting. Overall, a good show, though.

Yeah, the live footage I've seen seemed a bit sloppy.  Definitely the hair issue.  I'll probably go see him.  Haven't picked up his new album.  In the studio he's somehow able to get a nice sound with acoustic guitar coming out of an electric amp...or something.

Who was that guitar player that used to be in his band?  He's on his own now?

oh, Steve's just a friend of Kurt's. i know he played in Kurt's band on the Wakin' tour, but i think that was mainly because he was tour support too.

i like Steve's stuff a lot. really nice guy, too. Jim Elkington (Tweedy band) also played in Steve's band on a tour a couple of years ago.

Got it.  Steve and Kurt's guitars sound great together in the live stuff I've see.

I saw him a few years ago at Newport Folk Fest.  His main set was pretty good.  Then, later that night, he was introduced as a guest at the Deer Tick after show.  As he was walking up on stage, Jay Sweet (NFF organizer) whispered to John McCauley, "Kurt's high.  I mean, REALLY high." He sort of fumbled through the song, shrugged with a sheepish look, and walked off.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

It’s been a long time since someone posted in this thread!

I have been listening to Kurt on and off for the past few months and his music just keeps growing on me. I like the laid back vibe, and the songs are pretty strong,  I will probably buy a ticket for one of his upcoming NYC shows.

6 hours ago, brownie said:

I like the laid back vibe, and the songs are pretty strong.

Agree.  His last couple records, along with the Courtney Barnett collab, as well as his fairly-recent EP....just really good stuff.

And...

he now has a NEW song out, with a new album in April. His upcoming tour doesn't have my city on it, but I'd love to see him live.

• 1 year later...