been posted?

Nice stuff from ACL.

Jeff doesn't look particularly happy here...

This really shows how they needed to make Summerteeth before they could make YHF. This is a very different band than we see today. There is a sense during the set that they are struggling, pushing against their music, trying to get it to go other places. They were looking for other colors. These days it's more as if they're riding their music all of the wild places it can go. They are in command of all those other colors.

The live versions of "Misunderstood" have gotten much better since these days.

Terrific version of "My Darling." Perhaps an odd song to single out, but I've never been a fan of the original studio version. Which is annoying, because I've been working hard trying to find a song to dance to with my daughter at her wedding next year. Sad that my favorite band has a song that would be perfect for this...but is the rare Wilco song that does not work for me. This version gives me hope...maybe a live version of the song is the way to go.

If anyone knows of any particularly exquisite versions of this song, I'd love to hear about them.

To the OP...thanks for sharing.

Terrific version of "My Darling." Perhaps an odd song to single out, but I've never been a fan of the original studio version. Which is annoying, because I've been working hard trying to find a song to dance to with my daughter at her wedding next year. Sad that my favorite band has a song that would be perfect for this...but is the rare Wilco song that does not work for me. This version gives me hope...maybe a live version of the song is the way to go.

If anyone knows of any particularly exquisite versions of this song, I'd love to hear about them.

To the OP...thanks for sharing.

The last half of the song when Ken sticks to the crash and Jay and Leroy do their thing on keys just blows me away, and the whoosh-like ending... Wow!

Wonderful version.

So wasn't cool enough to have been a Wilco fan in 1999-Thanks for posting. Loved Red Eyed and Blue and We're Just Friends. Also enjoyed the camera following them around before the encore. Not a lot going on but amusing. Thanks again

Pretty funny moment between Hesitating Beauty and Christ for President when Jay's summoning for a mic. Jeff says "They took your microphone away. I've felt like doing that before." Foreshadowing? No--it was clearly all in good fun, at this point. Terrific version of Christ for President, too.

yeah its a damn shame i could have hit all these shows and didnt. i could have seen some epique shit but I was too busy following around J Garcia and sitting in the penitentary and seeing Phish shows and so on. bluegrass and hippie shit mostly. after tibetan freedom fest 98 I started to branch out to radiohead etc...............once i got a hold of mermaid ave vol 1 it was all over. I listened to every song more than 100 times and I love every single song on the album ESPECIALLY "I thought I Planted"................I must have listened to that one 500 times. Then I got into Tupelo who I could have seen a m illion times as well.

hes obviously a junkie at this point. not that theres anything wrong with that. being a former/opiate addict myself.

there are some great takes on great songs here. its a weird transitional point it seems to me

You sure about that? He's obviously a junkie at this point? Thank you for posting this but you sure seem confident for a guy that was following hippie shit and Radiohead before this band. Just sayin. Not being disrespectful but I think it's peculiar that you say it's obvious. Maybe it's because I have done shit before and I have been accused of doing shit before but unless I've sat dawn and smoked trees or ran lines with you then you really don't know.

Maybe I'm in denial. Or maybe I'm being too sensitive.

Thanks again for the link. :)

When they all jump together on "I Must Be High" I gasped.

Rock music is awesome.

that was cool. glad to see this. don't take this the wrong way folks, but i miss wilco with just a straight ahead rock guitar player on jeff's side and those big drums.

The entire concert became available (along with the 04 and 07 performances) a few years ago. Traditionally bands play up to an hour and a half set that is then edited into what is broadcast in their portion of Austin City Limits. Someone close to the production side of things made the full Wilco sets available to JHamm, so those are also in circulation.

--Mike