2012 Baseball Season!!!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if exonerated is the right word. He did not receive a suspension due to a technicality. He was not found innocent of taking PEDs.

It is like a murder found not guilty because of DNA and blood evidence being mishandled by technicians.

Wonders if Braun will spend the rest of his days looking for the "real PEDs" on the golf course.

That was my first thought as well. I can just see his attorney arguing "If the sample was not refrigerated, Ryan must be liberated."

I have a real Occam's Razor view of Braun's 'situation'.

I have a real Occam's Razor view of Braun's 'situation'.

You know me too. Ok, the sample was mishandled, I am no doctor but I am pretty sure pee sitting around a guys house does not increase in levels of testosterone. So I think what Braun is saying is someone broke into this guys house and dumped testosterone into his sample to get him banned? Seems hard to believe to me.

A.J. Burnett claimed to his new teammates that he could teach them all how to properly bunt. The newly acquired Pirates pitcher promptly fouled the ball off his face, breaking his orbital bone. He's having surgery today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l66yvLMaZ7g&nomobile=1

A.J. Burnett claimed to his new teammates that he could teach them all how to properly bunt. The newly acquired Pirates pitcher promptly fouled the ball off his face, breaking his orbital bone. He's having surgery today.

nelson-haha.gif

I know it is mean, but it is the first thing I thought of when I read and saw it. I like AJ, as a baseball fan I hope there is no serious damage, as a Cubs fan I hope he ends up on the DL.

nelson-haha.gif

I know it is mean, but it is the first thing I thought of when I read and saw it. I like AJ, as a baseball fan I hope there is no serious damage, as a Cubs fan I hope he ends up on the DL.

Well...you got your wish.

Feel better?

http://www.witn.com/..._141100363.html

Former #1 overall draft pick Brien Taylor (Yankees) busted on drug dealing charges. And I thought breaking his pitching shoulder in a bar fight was stupid!

What is it about people who have all the talent in the world being such dumb asses?

I knew a guy in high school like that, ended up throwing away a full ride scholarship for swimming on some DUI bullshit.

Let me clarify: Brien Taylor was not in a bar fight during the offseason of his second profession year in the minors. His brother was, though, and came home bloodied. Brien went to the assailant's mobile home to even the score. He swung wildly at a dude, missed, and destroyed the contents of his pitching shoulder. Dr. Jobe said he'd never seen such a violent injury on an athlete.

This guy is from about an hour from where I reside and is a year younger than me (though graduated two years after I did). During the local hype leading up to the '91 draft I remember seeing his pitching highlights on the news and thinking "Wow! He makes it look easy!" Then they stuck a microphone to his face, he starts talking, and I thought, "Wow! This guy just ain't there, no way he makes in New York!" He reminded me more of a boxer whom everybody loves when it's his 15 minutes, but spends the rest of his life in a bad spot. His money is gone, though he does still have the house he had built for his family with his then-record bonus money. Sadly, he was arrested on the road that was named in his honor. Maybe Scott Boras can work out a plea bargain for the former phenom.

I'm excited about this:

J. Weaver RHP

C. Wilson LHP

D. Haren RHP

E. Santana RHP

J. Williams/G. Richards RHP

1. P. Bourjos CF

2. H. Kendrick 2B

3. A. Pujols 1B

4. K. Morales DH

5. M. Trumbo 3B

6. T. Hunter RF

7. V. Wells LF

8. C. Ianetta C

9. E. Aybar SS

YU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He's got to spot that fastball better, but his breaking stuff is some nasty shit.

I know it is only spring training and way early for that matter, but the Cubbies are averaging 14 runs a game. And I think a majority of those in the early innings. It has cause for me to be a tad more optimistic.

Guest Jules

I know it is only spring training and way early for that matter, but the Cubbies are averaging 14 runs a game. And I think a majority of those in the early innings. It has cause for me to be a tad more optimistic.

You should know better than that.

You should know better than that.

When I started out after last season with no hope whatsoever, being optimistic that this season won't be a complete disaster might be a good thing.

When I started out after last season with no hope whatsoever, being optimistic that this season won't be a complete disaster might be a good thing.

I don't think Theo has been able to assemble the parts for a run this year or next, but he is cleaning up a LOT of problems. 2014 should be a good year for your guys.

I don't think Theo has been able to assemble the parts for a run this year or next, but he is cleaning up a LOT of problems. 2014 should be a good year for your guys.

4 years is what I am hoping for, there is a lot of good talent out there.