2012 Baseball Season!!!

There's a decent chance that 49 yr old Jamie Moyer will be in the starting rotation for the Rockies....

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120330&content_id=27774308&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

After sitting out 2011 with an injury, 49-year-old Jamie Moyer has been named as Rockies #2 starter. Moyer's big league debut came in 1986 against Steve Carlton!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://mlb.mlb.com/n...ws_mlb&c_id=mlb

After sitting out 2011 with an injury, 49-year-old Jamie Moyer has been named as Rockies #2 starter. Moyer's big league debut came in 1986 against Steve Carlton!

I remember seeing Moyer pitch during his short stint with the Red Sox (1996 maybe?) and thinking he was a decent, end of the rotation guy who probably wouldn't be around much longer.

I guess that is why I'm not a baseball scout.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120402&content_id=27839372&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Reds secure Joey Votto's services for an additional 10 years to the tune of $225MM.

Also Matt Cain was extended by the Giants, 5 years, $112.5MM. He could have gotten another two years guaranteed had he gone free agent, so he gave San Francisco a break.

Reds secure Joey Votto's services for an additional 10 years to the tune of $225MM.

Also Matt Cain was extended by the Giants, 5 years, $112.5MM. He could have gotten another two years guaranteed had he gone free agent, so he gave San Francisco a break.

damn, that Votto signing is good for the reds. I like Votto, he is a hell of a ball player.

Great for Jamie Moyer, but what does it say about the Rockies that he is their #2 starter?

It says their starting rotation is going to struggle mightily. The #1 starter (Jeremy Guthrie) is ranked in the bottom 3rd of all opening day starters (from the source I read). More important are the patchy scrap heap of the other 4 starters, though. De La Rosa comes back eventually, but it's a real shady rotation regardless.

It says their starting rotation is going to struggle mightily. The #1 starter (Jeremy Guthrie) is ranked in the bottom 3rd of all opening day starters (from the source I read). More important are the pathy scrap heap of the other 4 starters, though. De La Rosa comes back eventually, but it's a real shady rotation regardless.

Especially in that park, I am not sure on what the Rockies offense is like, but I wouldn't be surprised of teams scored in the double digits on a regular basis at coor's field.

from everything i've seen and heard, this new marlins park has fiasco written all over it.....at least the team's good again

Fiasco in what way? The stadium screams Miami. I always felt the stadium should really be a reflection of the city it is in. It would be weird to have a Camden Yards type of stadium in South Florida. Whereas the colors, home run statue, and fish tank may not be my cup of tea, I think it fits in the city very well.

The #1 starter (Jeremy Guthrie) is ranked in the bottom 3rd of all opening day starters (from the source I read).

Guthrie has been the Orioles "#1" starter the last few years. That tells you all you need to know about the quality of the Rox starters. If only Tulo could pitch!

from everything i've seen and heard, this new marlins park has fiasco written all over it.....at least the team's good again

from what i've seen from the exhibition games over the weekend, i'd say it is an embarrassment to baseball. Thankfully just changing the color of the padding on the walls will fix at least 75% of the issue. That color (some shade of green/neon/?) doesn't say Miami, it says lazer tag (or other children fun center equivalent). Who knows, I'll never feel ok about Florida having professional MLB teams, so I'm biased. As a Cubs fan the Marlins are hard to swallow.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20120403&content_id=27869780&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

New Red Sox closer Andrew bailey will miss half the season after having a ligament in his right thumb surgically repaired. Josh Beckett also has an issue with his right thumb, but it's minor and he's supposed to make his scheduled starts. So were the BoSox pitchers holding thumb wrestling contests in Fenway South or what?

New Red Sox closer Andrew bailey will miss half the season after having a ligament in his right thumb surgically repaired. Josh Beckett also has an issue with his right thumb, but it's minor and he's supposed to make his scheduled starts. So were the BoSox pitchers holding thumb wrestling contests in Fenway South or what?

Eh, bummer but someone will step up to assume the role.

damn, that Votto signing is good for the reds. I like Votto, he is a hell of a ball player.

Since this signing all of the sports talk here in town has now shifted to "now do they sign Brandon Phillips ". He is reportedly not thrilled.

Since this signing all of the sports talk here in town has now shifted to "now do they sign Brandon Phillips ". He is reportedly not thrilled.

Phillips said on XM a month or so ago that, for his next contract, the Reds "ain't gettin' no Home-Boy-Hookup!"

In other news, the Orioles lost to their AAA team today. That means I won a bet!

Especially in that park, I am not sure on what the Rockies offense is like, but I wouldn't be surprised of teams scored in the double digits on a regular basis at coor's field.

Well if it's anything like last year, the pitchers are going to have to hold the other teams to about 1 run.

we do a predictions thread at work for bragging rights; here's mine:

picked the AL how i really think it'll go....NL i had a little fun with (but the NL's so bad it's hard to be surprised by anything)

happy 4th-day of opening day!!!

AL East: yankees

AL Central: tigers

AL West: angels

AL Wild Card: rays

AL Wild Card: rangers

NL East: phillies

NL Central: reds

NL West: dbags

NL Wild Card: marlins

NL Wild Card: dodgers

AL close calls: blue jays