2012 Baseball Season!!!

It's a shame that such great parks feature routinely bad teams, though things are looking promising for the Royals.

Also: Ivan Rodriguez will announce his retirement today. He'll always be remembered for his dominating Rangers days, but I'll never forget Pudge's year with the Marlins. He was the driving force behind their 2003 championship season.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now on to Detroit, the house of horrors. Should be a great series. Even after consecutive AL pennants, it's still hard to wrap my head around the fact that the Rangers are a premier team in baseball.

Last night against the Angels Bartolo Colon threw 38 consecutive strikes, 36 of which were fastballs. Either the Angels are over-thinking or they have offensive issues.

The more issues for the Angels, the better.

The more issues for the Angels, the better.

Well one thing is for sure: The Rangers are a really good team this year; possibly better than last year.

If Nathan hadn't served up a couple of turkeys, they would be 12-0. And before they hit Beantown, the bats were really not there. Now that they are starting to hit...watch out.

Good news for Chicago baseball: White Sox pitcher Phillip Humber has just finished off a perfect game against Seattle.

Can't believe I missed it --- AJ's second, I believe, catching one.

I thought the last pitch could have gone either way - swing, check swing. It was an ugly pitch - badly overthrown, by a jacked-up-on-adrenaline pitcher. All that said, I was glad to see him get the perfect game.

Just looked at team stats across the majors - Washington Nationals have a team ERA of 2.34. Wow! That is impressive. That will lead to a record of 12-4 pretty quickly. On the flip side, the Red Sox have a team ERA of 6.68. Wow! That sucks. That will lead to a 4-10 record pretty quickly. The Red Sox have given up 95 runs this year; next closest team is the Cubs, having given up 77.

Keep it up, Red Sox - it will get Bobby V. out the door all that much sooner.

Good lord what a meltdown in Boston.

That team is heartless. Terry Francona and Theo Epstein got out just in time.

The only thing keeping Adrian Gonzalez from feeling like he's still in San Diego is the lack of a decent bullpen.

Yup - it's pretty distressing to watch. It was not too long ago that I thought this ownership group was doing all the right things.

Good riddance to Inge. It's been years since he was good, and even then he wasn't that good. It's amazing to me that there are only 2 guys left on the team from the '06 World Series team, but there's no question that the team is better without Inge.

The Angels released Bobby Abreu to make room for top prospect Mike Trout.

The Nationals have also called up a top prospect, one Bryce Harper.

The Mets pitching got a little thinner with Mike Pelfry needing TJ surgery.

And while rehabbing a wrist injury, Carl Crawford has injured his elbow. Jacoby Ellsbury could get back before he does.