2012 Baseball Season!!!

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the Yankees and he's been such abig part of their success that I've never liked him. But, jeez. Not a way to go out.

It is funny I hate the Yankee's too, but for some reason I always liked Rivera. He seemed just like a class act. I would hate of rhim to be done cause of this.

I am pleasantly surprised and happy with the White Sox, thus far, of course they have a loosing record. Need the bullpen to start clicking (They definitely have blew some games). The starting pitching and hitting (Dunn, AJ, Paulie) are starting off great. Dunn's game winning homer against the Tigers this past Saturday was a shot. Plus it helps that the rest of the AL Central are not playing too well.

http://mlb.mlb.com/m...p_away&c_id=bal

The Orioles are winning and the Red Sox are losing. What kind of bizzaro baseball is going on?

Yesterdays into Last Nights Game Featured a Rare Instance not seen since 1925

In yesterdays game Both Teams used a Position Player to Pitch

while this is occasionally done in games where b.p. is depleted for a team

it has Not been done since 1925 for Both Teams in a Game

Hey at least the Red Sox are making some kind of History

Seriously they are so banged up right now MGH could name a wing after them.

Jayson Werth broke his left wrist again last night. He had broken it before in '05 as a member of the Dodgers, missed all of '06, and had to eventually go to the Mayo Clinic on his own dime as a last-chance effort to salvage his career. Werth will miss 3 months, probably more. I know he has a ridiculous contract, but he is a good player and person, so I hope he can return as a productive player again.

Five home runs in his last six at bats...and the double he hit tuesday was a few feet short of making it six for six and a five homerun game.

Really disappointed at the punk move Hamels pulled in plunking Harper. And I find it equally funny that Harper ended up scoring by stealing home.

Guess a last place team needs something to get them fired up.

Really disappointed at the punk move Hamels pulled in plunking Harper. And I find it equally funny that Harper ended up scoring by stealing home.

Guess a last place team needs something to get them fired up.

I'm a Phils fan, but I still don't get the point of Hamels hitting Harper. And it's certainly not "old school" to rat yourself out, assuring a suspension.

its good for baseball to see Vlad returning to the game. just a matter of time until he's raking for the Jays!

hickey_350x280.jpg

Former White Sox pitcher and coach died yesterday. Probably not many people (outside of White Sox fans and south-side Chicagoians) heard of him, but he has a great back story on how he got in the majors. Those uniforms (middle of the picture) are my all time favorite Sox uniforms, mostly because those were ones they were wearing when I first started going to games (late 70s), also I think they look cool as hell.

Below is a rather long article, but worth the read.

http://www.suntimes.com/12569512-417/kevin-hickey-a-long-shot-who-fulfilled-a-neighborhood-dream-dies-at-56.html

Bleacher seats at Wrigley for tomorrow's game, hosting the Sox, face value: $110.

Really? Bleacher seats?

Total for 3 tickets, including fees ($4.75 per ticket, 9% Chicago tax, 12% Cook county amusement tax): $389.

No wonder it's not sold out.

Bleacher seats at Wrigley for tomorrow's game, hosting the Sox, face value: $110.

Really? Bleacher seats?

Total for 3 tickets, including fees ($4.75 per ticket, 9% Chicago tax, 12% Cook county amusement tax): $389.

No wonder it's not sold out.

Holy cow! That's another reason Rangers Ballpark is so great. Tickets are cheap. You can bring as much food and as many drinks in as you want. Plus, it's a great park.

Holy cow! That's another reason Rangers Ballpark is so great. Tickets are cheap. You can bring as much food and as many drinks in as you want. Plus, it's a great park.

That's pretty cool about the food and drink - plus the cheap tickets. That would never fly here in Chicago, at either ball park.

hickey_350x280.jpg

Former White Sox pitcher and coach died yesterday. Probably not many people (outside of White Sox fans and south-side Chicagoians) heard of him, but he has a great back story on how he got in the majors. Those uniforms (middle of the picture) are my all time favorite Sox uniforms, mostly because those were ones they were wearing when I first started going to games (late 70s), also I think they look cool as hell.

Below is a rather long article, but worth the read.

http://www.suntimes.com/12569512-417/kevin-hickey-a-long-shot-who-fulfilled-a-neighborhood-dream-dies-at-56.html

I'm going to read that article later, but I remember Kevin Hickey as a player with the ChiSox and Orioles and coach of the Rays. I was a card collector in the '80's, and it blew my mind when he resurfaced as a member of the Orioles in 1989, six years after his last big league appearance. It was situations like that which made me (retrospectively) wish the Internet had existed earlier. Everyone loves a comeback story.

That's pretty cool about the food and drink - plus the cheap tickets. That would never fly here in Chicago, at either ball park.

I understand raising the prices for the Crosstown Battle (or whatever they call it), but if you can't sell out a White Sox v Cubs game, then your business model gauge of supply & demand needs tweaking.

I understand raising the prices for the Crosstown Battle (or whatever they call it), but if you can't sell out a White Sox v Cubs game, then your business model gauge of supply & demand needs tweaking.

I would say so - the whole NATO meetings may be factor. I have never been a fan of the Cub/Sox series, anyway.