I got tickets as a high bidder and my bid was $50 per ticket. When I called today to pay for them, they kid on the phone thought I got a great deal. So I must have been at the low end of the high bidders.

I don't think they got the full 1000 (capacity) bids. They were still telling people to get their bids in on Monday morning just before the bidding closed. I think it has a lot to due with the fact that it's on a Tuesday night in a small, out of the way town.

Anyway, I am super excited to get to see them in that small room. Yay!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got tickets as a high bidder and my bid was $50 per ticket. When I called today to pay for them, they kid on the phone thought I got a great deal. So I must have been at the low end of the high bidders.

I don't think they got the full 1000 (capacity) bids. They were still telling people to get their bids in on Monday morning just before the bidding closed. I think it has a lot to due with the fact that it's on a Tuesday night in a small, out of the way town.

I haven't been able to call yet. Did they accept credit card? Are tickets will-call or do they send them out?

I haven't been able to call yet. Did they accept credit card? Are tickets will-call or do they send them out?

They accepted my credit card but he said they were having trouble processing them because their system was down so they were taking the info down on paper and will run them through when their service is working again and send a confirmation email at that time. I didn't even ask if they would be mailing tickets or if I would get them at will call. I suppose that info with be in the email.

I just called and paid via credit card. the woman who answered was very nice, and explained that they have been swamped today. She also said that she wasn't sure if we would be getting "personalized" confirmation emails, a generic email for all of those who purchased, or no email at all. Either way, I'm in for 2 tickets for MoCa, Newport, and Hartford, and I can't wait! :rock

Edit: I was also told that they aren't shipping tickets--- we just need to bring a photo ID and we will get a wristband.

Wow, nice! It kinda sucks that I seemingly overbid but I'm in so I'm satisfied. Their tix are usually relatively cheap so paying extra once for a decent cause is alright. Better to be safe than sorry. I was thinking the same thing about them maybe not having enough bids. Not only it being a single show in a goofy small town but also because of the small bidding window they had. Would have made more sense to have bidding go through the end of the month or something. I'd love for them to give us the bidding stats, i.e. how many total, how high, how low, etc.

I'm in for Cooperstown, Essex Jct, MassMoCA, Hartford and Rochester. Looks like we'll all be seeing a lot of the same faces during an awesome week of Wilco.

Wow, nice! It kinda sucks that I seemingly overbid but I'm in so I'm satisfied. Their tix are usually relatively cheap so paying extra once for a decent cause is alright. Better to be safe than sorry. I was thinking the same thing about them maybe not having enough bids. Not only it being a single show in a goofy small town but also because of the small bidding window they had. Would have made more sense to have bidding go through the end of the month or something. I'd love for them to give us the bidding stats, i.e. how many total, how high, how low, etc.

I'm in for Cooperstown, Essex Jct, MassMoCA, Hartford and Rochester. Looks like we'll all be seeing a lot of the same faces during an awesome week of Wilco.

Yeah, I thought the same thing. They should have kept the bidding window open for a couple of weeks. Then we all would have panicked and kept putting in higher bids :)

Yes, it would be interesting to know who bid the lowest and still got tickets. I said all along that I would bet a really low bid would still get you in, but like others, I wasn't willing to risk doing that. (I paid $113 during the member presale.)

I assume that a lot of us left some significant money "on the table," as it were, but since it's a benefit, and since the museum is so great, and since Wilco's ticket prices are generally so reasonable, yadda yadda, I didn't mind the additional expense this time.

I think you're probably right.

I paid with a credit card today. I bid $117 per ticket, and I asked the Mass MoCA woman where I fell on the scale of bidders. She said that I was close to the top and that very few people bid over $100 per ticket. So, I overpayed, but there was no way that I was going to risk not getting in, and most Wilco shows are a relative bargain. I'm just happy to be going.

• 1 month later...

It looks like I'll have an extra ticket to the MOCA show as my wife can't go. If you are interested let me know as soon as possible. I paid around $50. I will be going so we would have to meet up at the venue the day of the show. I've offered this ticket to friends but so far no takers. I live about 2 hours away from N. Adams.

It looks like I'll have an extra ticket to the MOCA show as my wife can't go. If you are interested let me know as soon as possible. I paid around $50. I will be going so we would have to meet up at the venue the day of the show. I've offered this ticket to friends but so far no takers. I live about 2 hours away from N. Adams.

Am interested. Please let me know how to get in touch with you.

Just got this in my email today from the good folks at MassMoCA...If anyone needs/wants a ticket, I got a membership so I could go without having to bid for a ticket, so I'd be glad to get anyone who needs one a ticket...don't know the price, but PM me here, or email me at "HareDurga@yahoo.com" (& get me your phone number for quickest results), & I'll do my best for you!!

"A few more Wilco tickets have been released

• Did you miss your chance to buy tickets to the July 31st Wilco benefit?
  • Did you want to bring some friends but could only purchase two tix?

No worries, your problem is solved.

We have released a limited number of additional tickets for the show and are making them available first to our members.

You can't purchase online but our friendly box office staff will be happy to sell you tickets if you call 413 662 2111 between 11 AM and 5 PM any day except Tuesday.

It promises to be a very special show. Don't miss it. Call today."

Got a room for you, Carrie. . .

Thanks, Diane! Trying to figure out if it's do-able moneywise. (And may need to talk my husband Joe, the not-really-a-Wilco-fan, into seeing them again this summer.) I couldn't see anything related to the release of add'l tix on Mass MOCA's website. Any idea what they're going for?

I just called and tickets are still available. They are $113 apiece so I passed since I'm seeing them 3 times that week. So, they are there if any members want them. And if they don't sell to members maybe they will go to the general public later.

I just called and tickets are still available. They are $113 apiece so I passed since I'm seeing them 3 times that week. So, they are there if any members want them. And if they don't sell to members maybe they will go to the general public later.

I also have to pass this up because of the price. But I'm content with my 3-in-a-row earlier in July! Have fun, all who go to Mass MOCA! See you at Solid Sound next year, for sure!

While the tickets are $113 through Mass MoCA, and it IS a benefit show so the money is going to charity, I can understand where that's a little steep. My bet is that there are some tickets on the secondary market--or will be--that are less expensive. So any fan who wants to go to the show probably shouldn't give up hope just based on that $113 price.

By the way, I sent Heart Full of Holes a PM.

Guest Jules

While the tickets are $113 through Mass MoCA, and it IS a benefit show so the money is going to charity, I can understand where that's a little steep. My bet is that there are some tickets on the secondary market--or will be--that are less expensive. So any fan who wants to go to the show probably shouldn't give up hope just based on that $113 price.

This makes perfect sense.