Wilco summer photo contest 2012

@Wilco Summer Photo Contest #wilcoinnature

Fear not - the annual Wilco summer photo contest has returned. This year's theme is "Wilco In Nature" and we're asking you to submit your photos that, well, have something that says Wilco in nature. Inspiration comes in part from the

vote the environment collaboration happening this summer.

ROUND 1: submit (July 2 - July 25)

- Snap a photo that is awesome... and includes:

1. Wilco

2. nature

3. why this image will remind you to vote the environment this November (or whenever that next election comes)

- Tweet your photo @wilco with the hashtags #wilcoinnature & #becauseilove. (tip #1: in order to show up in the hashtag chain , your twitter account must be public. tip #2: Don't want to make yours public... create a new one)

ROUND 2: select (July 26 - 30)

- Wilco HQ will select 50 photos. HQ will be contacting you through twitter. If you don't respond within 24 hours, you won't make the cut... so be on the lookout .

ROUND 3: vote (July 31 - August 8)

- 50 finalists' photos featured on wilcoworld. Public vote determines winning photos.

Now for the prizes, boy do we have some stellar prizes for you guys this year.

Top vote getter: Jeff Tweedy Signature Model Martin Guitar

Second top vote getter: Patagonia webshop card + vote the environment shirt.

3-8 runner ups: slick pair of Jeffersons (compliments of our friends at Native Shoes).

Full rules are HERE

http://wilcoworld.net/#!/2012-wilcoinnature-summer-photo-contest-is-here/

i never received my 6 pack of jones soda when my entry from last year qualified. :-(

I won the contest in 2010 and again last year. My Jones soda showed up on the back porch in June of 2011. Still haven't received the soda from last year's contest.

i submitted my shot yesterday. it was a fun little project.

My daughter and i filmed our project this evening. Using a rare North Central Texas July thunder storm cloud from the West looming in sunset as the back drop. Now we have to choose our shot. It's been a fun evening and project for us too. But damn that sun goes down fast when your trying to photograph its beauty.

• 2 weeks later...

Bloody hell, so you have to be on Facebook to vote? Sod that.

I wasn't wild about that either. FB and Twitter are fine in general, but it's weird that they have been required for participating in the photo contest and voting. Being in either one feels like being in a fishbowl anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed this this morning--I'm assuming it happened after I voted for a photo in the contest, or maybe it was even back when I ordered tickets to see the band last winter--I don't access the Wilco website often. When I go to wilcoworld.net, my name shows up in a little box in the upper right corner. I don't recall signing up for that? It freaked me out a little (this whole social media and connection to the world thing is still all just weird to me--sometimes I feel like it's the stasi collecting information!). When I click on it, it brings up a profile. It's empty because I haven't entered anything, but I was surprised to know I even have a profile on that site. Anyone else know that already or just notice that yourselves? Did I miss a memo somewhere?